jcfiction

Game freezes at end of Year 3 on iOS

Has anyone else encountered this? The game freezes when I try to lower the crane chains in Year 3. This happened to me for both the scene with the coral grinders, and the scene with the railing, where Manny is supposed to retrieve the lost ship.

I've tried everything – turning off sound, changing the rendering setting from Remastered to Original, approaching the scene from different prior scenes. No matter what I try, the game still freezes, although sometimes the cutscene (that's supposed to happen as I lower the chain) does play for a couple of second before it freezes.

So frustrating, I spent about 45 minutes stuck with the bug before I gave up! After getting this far, I really want to finish the game ?

(I am running it on iOS 9 on a recently purchased iPad Pro 12.9")

2016-08-09_grimfandango_glitch_screenshot.png

Thanks.

Yes, I can confirm trying several times on both the Remastered and Original render modes. I encountered the same issue in both cases.

I got it to work. I turned down all my "options" : sound effects, speech,brightness, etc. They tried it again. It worked. Then I returned to my original settings. Hope this helps.

Hello,

I am using an Ipad pro that I got three months ago. I just "drained" the battery via use and need awhile to confirm my iOS version.

On 23/8/2016 at 7:28 AM, Arizphil said:

I got it to work. I turned down all my "options" : sound effects, speech,brightness, etc. They tried it again. It worked. Then I returned to my original settings. Hope this helps.

Hey Arizphil, thanks for sharing this. I just turned everything down to the minimum, as you did. I gave it a few goes and it still doesn't work for me. I even turned my device brightness to the minimum – so much so I had to really strain my eyes to see where I was going!

My game will still not go past that frame where the chain is about to lower down into the conveyor belt.

PS. My iPad Pro was purchased very recently, just 3 weeks ago.

Hi, 

Hmmm, I am running iOS 9.3.4.  The game stuck for me exactly where it did for you. I tuned it off. Then back on. Then reduced all the settings to the min. I think I even turned the sound off.  That got me past the "chain" issue . I restored my settings and just know completed the game. 

Best of luck.

We were able to reproduce the issue, and our devs are aware of the issue. It seems to be a specific issue with iPad Pros and possibly other iOS devices similar to it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any extra hands to look at the issue, so there is no ETA on a patch. We will get to it as soon as we possibly can.

If anybody else is having this issue, please chime and and let us know what iOS device and version you have so that we have more information on this issue.

Thanks.

Same issue on my iPad Pro, obviously.

How can I transfer my game in the state it is in to my iPad Air? I want to finish the game, but not replay the first years again.

Thanks.

I did, before and after rebooting, and both with all sliders down and up. But that didn't help.

So I'm looking for ways to continue on another iOS device from where I was.

On August 24, 2016 at 2:47 PM, DF TLo said:

We were able to reproduce the issue, and our devs are aware of the issue. It seems to be a specific issue with iPad Pros and possibly other iOS devices similar to it.

Unfortunately, we don't have any extra hands to look at the issue, so there is no ETA on a patch. We will get to it as soon as we possibly can.

If anybody else is having this issue, please chime and and let us know what iOS device and version you have so that we have more information on this issue.

Thanks.

Hi - same issue for me. Freezing on iPad Pro even with all sounds and rendering turned off. 

One thing I noticed is that if you play that particular cut scene in the extra section, even with the sound (music) turned off, the music still plays.

Not so with the other cut scenes  

Keep working on it!

It's Happening on my iPhone 6s version 10.0.2 as well... not just an iPad problem.

Edited by Yxes

I was just about to buy this game on iOS but as the support seems to be lacking, I won't. Hope the problem gets fixed for previous owners.

On 24/8/2016 at 4:47 PM, Tony Lo said:

Thanks.

Any updates onthis? Was it patched, about to start the game on my iPad Pro and would like to avoid this issue, thanks!!

Hi everyone, a patch just appeared for Grim Fandango on iOS! "Stability fix on Year 3". If someone has a save close to the bug, can you check to see if the issue has been solved? Thanks!

On 5/12/2017 at 8:55 AM, DarkPhobia said:

Hi everyone, a patch just appeared for Grim Fandango on iOS! "Stability fix on Year 3". If someone has a save close to the bug, can you check to see if the issue has been solved? Thanks!

I just updated my app version of the game in the apple App Store and the problem is resolved.

On 15/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, MissB said:

I just updated my app version of the game in the apple App Store and the problem is resolved.

Excellent, I'll continue my playthrough then, thanks!!