Seanboy

Preorder Bonus

Ok guys, I felt compelled to start this thread and I hope there wasn't one I already missed.

Is there any possible way to have a statue as a preorder bonus? To put things into perspective, over my 34 years, I have only jumped on pre-order bonus's 3 times (I can name them), but this game had a huge impact on me when I was young and would love a memento for my shelf.

If there's any to make this happen, I would order ASAP.

Just a thought.

Edited by Seanboy

The only way I would be tempted by this is if the statue were Corley's limousine hood ornament...

On 25/08/2016 at 4:16 PM, TimeGentleman said:

The only way I would be tempted by this is if the statue were Corley's limousine hood ornament...

You, sir, are a merchandising genius.

On 8/25/2016 at 2:16 AM, TimeGentleman said:

Ohhh I could totally get behind this. I would proudly display a naked cherub-Tim on my desk.

In all seriousness, I would love to have a FLAC version of the soundtrack included with the GOG version as I'm sure there will be a promotion as soon as the game is ready for preorder. I wish Double Fine would have also included this with DOTT and Grim Fandango as I preordered both on GOG and love uncompressed music.

Edited by cavefish

1 hour ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Yes. A soundtrack including the original score!

Even better, good idea! I would love to have both.

Obviously he said "score"... so this should cover Peter McC's contributions to the soundtrack.

I dunno about the soundtrack as a bonus, guys.

Keith Karloff lost a lot of money and sales due to LucasArts %#$@&!ing him over (we're in contact occasionally). If you like the music, order the album. I still have mine from the 90s.

The album is Bone To Pick, and I'm sure it's plenty cheap by now.

personally, I'd like to see a Ben figurine, although a little naked Tim would also be pretty cool.

Edited by Polecat84

Double Fine should just go ahead and sell Bone to Pick (maybe even a remastered version of the album) in their online store. And another CD with Peter McConnell's music to the game.

9 hours ago, Polecat84 said:

I dunno about the soundtrack as a bonus, guys.

Keith Karloff lost a lot of money and sales due to LucasArts %#$@&!ing him over (we're in contact occasionally). If you like the music, order the album. I still have mine from the 90s.

I wasn't referring to the tracks by The Gone Jackals. Sorry for the confusion, I probably should have used the term 'score' instead. I'm more interested in having Peter McConnell's work, the non-grunge parts of the game. I mean, I would like a complete soundtrack by both parties, but If they can't come to an agreement with Keith, I would rather just have Peter McConnells' work.

9 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Double Fine should just go ahead and sell Bone to Pick (maybe even a remastered version of the album) in their online store. And another CD with Peter McConnell's music to the game.

That's a fantastic idea.  I hope they can work it out!

I might even mention it to Kieth; I believe he and Tim are still in touch.