Sign in to follow this  
Noname215

Gene Wilder dies at 83

It was reported that he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's three years ago, but he never revealed it publicly because he didn't want to see less smiles in the world. 

He's been mostly absent from film since Gilda Radner passed away.  At least now they'll get to be together again in the afterlife.

I tried watching the new Producers where Matthew Broderick did the whole "I'm wet! I'm wet and I'm hysterical!" but he didn't even come close to making it as funny as Gene.

His nephew reported that in his final few hours, the family all came over and he was served his favorite chicken dinner. Then he went and laid down and started to go, so the nurse called everyone in, and they held his hand, and it just so happened that at that moment, on a random playlist, Ella Fitzgerald's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' started to play, which was his favorite.

A good send off for a good man.

Growing up, I had this old bunch of VHS tapes which I would watch on constant loops. The two big ones were Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, so Gene was a big part of my childhood.

I even loved See No Evil, Here No Evil, which didn't get good reviews but I thought was hilarious.

The sensibilities of the two is what makes it enjoyable. Richard Pryor was a comedy legend and Gene Wilder was a master at comedic timing.