• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Feddlefew

That Feeling...

... when you go to get out of bed but your leg is asleep so you kind of fall right on your face.

One time when I was a teenager and still living with my parents I had this job where I had to get up really early in the morning because it was very far away from where we lived. I'd set my big stereo with large speakers to the radio and set it for my alarm. I also had a waterbed at the time. The way the alarm works is the stereo turns on and then starts at volume level 0 and then slowly increments up to the max level until you go to shut it off. On this particular morning the alarm started and I woke up at about 20% volume. I knew it was going to steadily increase the maximum so I clumsily rushed out of my waterbed as fast as I could. What I didn't realize was that my left leg had fallen completely asleep somehow and was numb from the waist down. I jumped out of bed (the volume was at like about 40% now) and landed on my completely numb leg and toppled over sideways and over a bunch of junk littered in my room. Chairs, boxes, other things and crashed onto the floor in a big loud thrash. The volume was at about 60% now. I tried to struggled to pick myself up (in the dark) and half walked/limped half crawled towards the stereo at the other end of the room. By the time I got there it was at 100% volume screaming away for the whole household to hear through the floor, ceiling, and walls. Finally I shut it off and I had to sit for a bit before the feeling came back to my legs. However, the soreness didn't go away for a while.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

One time I fell asleep on my arm, and I was so tired that I apparently didn't change position the entire night. I woke up the next morning and my arm was completely cold and I couldn't move it at all. It was just a limp noodle hanging off of my body, and it stayed like that for what seemed like a full minute. Apparently this is a pretty normal thing to happen, but I didn't know this was a thing and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

Every time I wake up in the middle of the night with a numb limb I freak out until it comes back. Every single time.

9 hours ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

One time I fell asleep on my arm, and I was so tired that I apparently didn't change position the entire night. I woke up the next morning and my arm was completely cold and I couldn't move it at all. It was just a limp noodle hanging off of my body, and it stayed like that for what seemed like a full minute. Apparently this is a pretty normal thing to happen, but I didn't know this was a thing and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

That happened to me once. Having my arm jut hanging of my body with no feeling and no control was super creepy.

25 minutes ago, hot said:

i have literally never had a limb fall asleep in bed

what are you guys doing

Just trying to sleep, but we're bad at it.

1 hour ago, hot said:

i have literally never had a limb fall asleep in bed

what are you guys doing

Cat feets or sleeping with your arms over your head'd do it.

I sleep on my side and stomach a lot which is probably bad. I moreso get really kinked neck muscle pains now, though.

That time my whole leg was dead, that was the waterbed.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

2 hours ago, hot said:

Perhaps you need a teacher?

:happytim::happytim::happytim:

Woah! Sleeping lessons from the triple tim squad?!

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

It happened again! There's four paw-shaped bruises on my leg to boot, stupid cat wedged itself against the wall by pushing on my leg all night. ¬¬