Sign in to follow this  
MusicallyInspired

Can someone tell me why I can't sell trading cards anymore on Steam?

So I went to sell my latest trading card, the last one I got from Bioshock Remastered, and it comes up saying it needs to confirm on the Steam mobile app. Fine. I boot up my app as I've been doing for months now and go to confirm the sale. I tap the checkbox in the confirmation section and....neither the cancel or accept buttons appear. So I can't actually confirm the sale. What is going on? I rebooted my phone, I logged in and out, I cancelled the sale and put it back up....what's going on?

Sometimes buttons completely fail to show up for me in the steam client and I don't know why. I think that's just a problem with the client. If it's happening in your phone, though, I'm not too sure. How many cards have you sold this year? I know there is a hard limit on how many cards you can sell in a given year (or maybe it's just sales overall), and I think they cut you off for the rest of the year once you hit your limit.

I haven't read anything about that. You'd think that'd be some kind of disclaimer right off the bat before selling anything. I have run into a "limit" where after I made a certain amount of money I had to fill out a tax form or something. But after that it let me sell again...I've been selling cards for almost a year now. I still have a bunch listed that are currently not yet sold (but confirmed). Maybe there can only be so many confirmed sale listings at once?

It's just annoying because I just have this ONE more card I need to sell. And it won't let me.....sigh it's doing some major psychological damage to my OCD.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

That's probably the one I was talking about. I just looked it up and it's a 200 item limit, but you can keep selling if you supply a bunch of tax information, which I probably declined to do because I don't feel like giving Steam my SSN and stuff.

So today I finally sold another card so I tried to list my last card again and....it worked. My app suddenly showed the cancel/confirm buttons and I was able to list my sale. I guess there must have either been a glitch in the app or you can only list so many sale items at once on the market. Either way I'm happy now.

1 hour ago, MusicallyInspired said:

So today I finally sold another card so I tried to list my last card again and....it worked. My app suddenly showed the cancel/confirm buttons and I was able to list my sale. I guess there must have either been a glitch in the app or you can only list so many sale items at once on the market. Either way I'm happy now.

It could just be a problem with Steam. Half the time I write a review inside the steam client, I compose the entire review, then click the "submit" button and the submit button disappears but the review doesn't post.

It doesn't help to just copy the review, refresh, paste it back into the field, then submit again because it does the same thing every time, no matter how many times I retry. Submit buttons disappears. Review doesn't post. The only thing that works is to type a few characters like "aljfelaj" and submit that as a review, then once it is posted, edit the review and paste my actual review into it.

This issue has existed for me across three different computers, so I know it's not just my PC. I've tried posting about it to the bugs/issues board a couple of times, but it doesn't seem like an issue that is broke enough for them to care about.

TLDR: Yeah, could just be a random steam glitch.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity