Reid_Harris_Cooper

IGN posts Reveal Trailer

Looking good :) Although there's some obviously blocky upscaling going on with the backgrounds (of course it is, since the originals were the basis for these paintovers). I hope his gets cleaned up a bit more until release. Characters and close-ups look great though.

Edited by Laserschwert

Looks great, sounds great, Roy Conrad in glorious hi fiedelity, as well as the Gone Jackals score! Hopefully they were able to get the lyricless stems to use throughout the game like they did for the original! Maybe, with any luck, the music files they worked with (like the voice session recordings) were just downgraded for the game back in 1995.

Interesting, they redrew all the videos! They look fabulous! The smoke from the back of the bike looked different than I remember, but otherwise it's exactly what it claims to be: Full Throttle Remastered.

I don't remember any of that dialogue from the game. Was it something taken from an original trailer?

4 minutes ago, ThunderPeel said:

I don't remember any of that dialogue from the game. Was it something taken from an original trailer?

Yeah, it's the original trailer voice over. Tim mentioned it here too.

4 minutes ago, ThunderPeel said:

I believe it's from the original trailer that was included with the demo. Something like that. It's not from the main game, in any case. 

I think it's absolutely a miracle that the fans are getting (for most people) new Ben dialogue by Roy Conrad after all these years. Thanks Double Fine, wasn't expecting that.

Also, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this. Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle Remastered are pretty much my definitive editions of the game now (can't say the same for the Monkey remakes for me), so seeing this was a blast. I'm almost already sad that the remakes are (possibly) over after this one. I know it's been said a million times, but if you guys could get the other creative leads involved I'd love to see the other Lucas games remade as well. Or, and this is a big ask of course, sequels to any of them. 

Any way, I have a million questions (mostly more details about how they handled the 3D models for the bikes/backgrounds exactly), but for now I'm just super, super happy. These are the games that got me into adventure games/Double Fine/early Telltale, and the games from that corner of the industry are the only ones I play these days, now that I'm an old fart. 

Congratulations guys, this looks amazing. 

I believe TimeGentleman revealed that they've remodelled all the old 3D models and redrawn some of them as required. 

You can see for yourself how they've handled the videos: They've redrawn them all!

IGN also released some HUGE ASS screenshots... and they look fantastic!

Just look at these shots at a whopping 4440 x 2400 pixels:

full-throttle-remastered-002---kickstand

full-throttle-remastered-004---kickstand

full-throttle-remastered-008---mo-shack-

full-throttle-remastered-006---mo-photos

full-throttle-remastered-010---the-open-

And the aforementioned blockyness seems nowhere to be found in these shots, so I guess they are either newer than the backgrounds shown in the teaser, or my eyes just deceive me. Also I'm very glad they decided to expand all the screens to widescreen. The only criticism I have left is that Ben's bike seems to need a bit of a contrast fix to make it fit into the backgrounds a bit better. It's slightly too light, not matching the black levels of the backgrounds. Apart from that I'm absolutely blown away by the apparent quality of this remaster.

Edited by Laserschwert

Wow, this is looking amazing. However, I noticed in the last shot @Laserschwert posted that Ben's hands are behind the handlebars. Oops!

Seriously, though, I've been waiting for this day since they announced Grim Fandango Remastered a few years back. Full Throttle is one of my all-time favorite games and I'm deliriously happy to see this become a reality.

full-throttle-remastered-010---the-open-road-new-1480713830738.png

26 minutes ago, cavefish said:

Wow, this is looking amazing. However, I noticed in the last shot @Laserschwert posted that Ben's hands are behind the handlebars. Oops!

The rope is also cut off in the screenshot where Mo has him tied up. I think there's still plenty of time for tidying up z-ordering and clipping issues :)

The lighting of the bike in the scene where he's taking off from that shack in Melonweed doesn't correspond to the lighting of the area. The original scene the bike is lit blue like the rest of the scene, but in the remastered shot it's still gray like in every other scene.

57 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

The lighting of the bike in the scene where he's taking off from that shack in Melonweed doesn't correspond to the lighting of the area. The original scene the bike is lit blue like the rest of the scene, but in the remastered shot it's still gray like in every other scene.

Yeah, some work has still to be done, in order to blend the 3D models with the scenes. The bike always looks too bright and detached from the background. Anyway, the rest looks terrific, basically they're stickig to the DOTT Remastered approach, and that's great.

Edited by Diduz76

Does anyone have the original trailer that the new one is based on? I can't find it online, which is strange! Usually somebody has uploaded everything somewhere :)

1 minute ago, ThunderPeel said:

Does anyone have the original trailer that the new one is based on? I can't find it online, which is strange! Usually somebody has uploaded everything somewhere :)

Yes, I saw that one. I'm looking for the trailer the new one is based on - ie. that features the Roy Conrad voice over. 

Edited by ThunderPeel

On the shot of Maureen's workshop, there's also some pixels of the original image showing through around the brown rope above Ben's bike.

19 hours ago, cavefish said:

I also noticed this mistake in the trailer.

wut.jpg

That isn't a mistake, Ben's pants have "kneepads", that's what it is if you check other pictures of Ben.

31 minutes ago, Coolsome said:

It's the fact his foot has disappeared. 

Looking at the previous shot, Ben is standing on the ground. His foot's not meant to be visible, but his leg is meant to be behind the wooden flooring that it's passing through the middle of there.

I didn't know wood was a liquid, :P

Also, I didn't realize there was an older trailer. I do remember that monologue from the end of the original playable demo, though.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

6 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

Looking at the previous shot, Ben is standing on the ground. His foot's not meant to be visible, but his leg is meant to be behind the wooden flooring that it's passing through the middle of there.

You would also think Ben's right shoulder (left shoulder to the camera) would be behind the metal that I'm assuming is part of the trailer wall but I checked the original and the shoulder is in front like it is in the trailer. It's strange that Ben is sitting so low to the ground as well. It doesn't look like Todd's trailer sits two or three feet off the ground like this shot suggests. A way they could fix this would be to not have the bottom of the door within view, like so.

door-fix.jpg

Hey, Double Fine. I fixed your door. :P

Edited by cavefish

It's funny what sort of things end up being noticeable when you up-res something from 320x200 to 4400x2400 :D

On 12/2/2016 at 11:53 PM, CorruptBiggins said:

They also wrote that

All the usual platforms we put these out on will most likely exist, just not for launch!

which I hope means it will be available on Linux too. Maybe they'll get the guy who did the Linux version of DotT to do it, as he did a bang-up job of that.

The trailer looks great and I'm excited about (hopefully) playing the remaster even though it's not one of my favorites. (I've never been a fan of timed puzzles.)

2 hours ago, flesk said:

as he did a bang-up job of that.

Ha ha, thank you. I had good people supporting me ^_^

6 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

Ha ha, thank you. I had good people supporting me ^_^

Thank you for your efforts, sir. You're a good adventure citizen.

Edited by cavefish

Couldn't be more excited! Just hope they work a litte bit more on the blend in for the new models. With Grim Fandango I kept coming back for the older model a lot of times, just 'cause the new model felt akward .