Reid_Harris_Cooper

IGN posts Reveal Trailer

Am I to understand the remaster will include audio and animation not included in the original release?

I noticed some unfamiliar elements in the trailer.

17 hours ago, Polecat84 said:

Am I to understand the remaster will include audio and animation not included in the original release?

I noticed some unfamiliar elements in the trailer.

Which elements did you notice? I didn't spot anything.

1 hour ago, ThunderPeel said:

Which elements did you notice? I didn't spot anything.

Yeah, I noticed substantially better audio, but that's about it. I'm certainly interested if there's something new there that I missed.

I thought I heard a line of audio that was new, and that shot of Ben looking up the ladder in the rolling-Vulture-hideout while Ripburger's bullets ripped up the wall around him. I never got that sequence in any of my playthroughs. 

9 minutes ago, Polecat84 said:

I thought I heard a line of audio that was new, and that shot of Ben looking up the ladder in the rolling-Vulture-hideout while Ripburger's bullets ripped up the wall around him. I never got that sequence in any of my playthroughs. 

I believe the sequence you mention where Ben is dodging bullets while climbing a ladder is from the gas tower. This sequence can be triggered if you try to proceed to climb the ladder after triggering the alarm.

If memory serves, a similar cut as the trailer is featured at the end of the demo.

Edited by cavefish

4 hours ago, Polecat84 said:

All of the audio is "new" in the sense that none of it is in the game. It's something that was specially recorded for an early trailer that apparently played at the end of the original demo. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Edited by ThunderPeel

I think you guys have cleared some things up for me, thanks!

I have cut the original game into a cinematic experience (available for viewing on YouTube; I like to think mine has the most work put into it and isn't a glorified walkthrough).

Was I aware of the gunshot ladder animation, I would have included it in the climactic finale (I know, it's from the gas tower, but it would have kept appropriate tension if placed between the ladder climb and the control panel in the Vulture hideout). I may keep this in mind, as I plan to cut another one just like it when the remaster drops.

Good deal, Polecat!

Come to think of it, doesn't the demo have some portions of unique content and dialogue? I should replay it soon, it's been years. Would anyone else like a copy of the demo? If the mods are cool with it, I'll upload it to my server and share.

Polecat, you did an amazing job on your cut of the movie, by the way. I wouldn't worry about including that sequence unless you decide to create one for the Remaster. I often listen to Let's Plays and Longplays while I'm working. Your cut has always been my go-to for Full Throttle. Thank you for taking the time to create it and for sharing it with your fellow fans!

Edited by cavefish

49 minutes ago, cavefish said:

If the mods are cool with it, I'll upload it to my server and share.

I had a brief chat with Spaff about this. At this point in time, we  can't see any problem with that. If something comes up in the future, we'll remove the URL.

Go for it :)

4 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

I had a brief chat with Spaff about this. At this point in time, we  can't see any problem with that. If something comes up in the future, we'll remove the URL.

Go for it :)

Thanks guys! I've created a thread here so it's off topic and isn't tucked away. Hope you guys enjoy!

Cavefish:

It pleases me that you enjoy it.

There are people in my life who try to make me feel stupid for the time I put into my projects.

People like you make it well worth the hassle.

4 hours ago, Polecat84 said:

There are people in my life who try to make me feel stupid for the time I put into my projects.

People like you make it well worth the hassle.

Never let anyone make you feel stupid for doing something you enjoy, especially when you're acquiring a skill that may lead you to discovering other opportunities in the future.

Growing up in the 90's, there were many people in my family who didn't understand why I often preferred shutting myself in my room and hack away for hours on end. I wasn't a total shut-in. I liked exploring, building forts and playing games with the other kids in the neighborhood, sure. More often than not, though, I would be found in my room where I would draw and spend hours trying to deconstruct games and applications in attempt to figure out how they worked. Some family members took notice and voiced their concerns to my mother. They felt I should be outside like everyone else. To be fair, computers weren't as understood as they are now, especially in a rural community where I grew up. Fortunately my parents encouraged me to keep at it since I enjoyed it so much and it kept me out of trouble. Had I listened to those who tried to tell me computers weren't good for me, I probably wouldn't have discovered my love for development and design.

I'm tickled it brings you joy that others appreciate and enjoy your efforts. I know that feeling; it's uplifting and encouraging. It feels good, it makes it all worth it. Keep it up!

Edited by cavefish

Hey Everyone! Sorry I have been absent from the forums, but everything is really busy at Double Fine these days! I just wanted to jump in and thank everyone for all of the awesome comments. You guys were so helpful as we were working on DOTT, so it is great to get your feedback on Full Throttle. What we have shown is further behind than what we first publicly showed for DOTT. A lot of this stuff had just been added to the game days before sending off the trailer, screens and demo for PSX, so there have been a TON of improvements since that deadline. We really wanted to address a lot of those things you pointed out before releasing this stuff into the wild, but it was beyond the 11th hour when we had a build of the game that was good enough for PSX. Some of that stuff makes me cringe a little bit, but I am glad we were able to show something this early in production. Those of you who followed the DOTT development know that we really tried to address as much of your feedback is possible, so that will also be the case with this game. 

Please keep pointing out anything that doesn't look right. Even after we stare at this stuff for hours, you guys still point out things we miss. So, it is always great to get a new set of eyes looking at this stuff. Some of it will come down to subjective decisions where our opinions might differ, but it is also good to hear those differing opinions too because it can help drive our decisions as we move into the polish pass next year. We really want to make something that is going to make the most people possible happy, so sometimes we don't get it right without that outside perspective.

For the question of platforms, we have a contract deadline we have to hit for early-ish next year, so we are focusing our effort on PS4, Vita and Windows for launch. After the initial launch we will be fixing bugs and addressing the feedback from the community (like we did for DOTT) while also working on the OSX, Linux and iOS versions. Trust me, we would love to release everything on day-one, but we are a pretty small team and don't want to compromise the quality of the game by spreading ourselves too thin.

That's it for now, but I will be making an effort to spend a little more time in here with you guys to answer questions and provide updates.

You guys are the best!

-Matt

Fantastic. I'm glad our nitpickings are appreciated! This is looking to be one gorgeous remaster!

Awesome to hear that! I can already say then that I'll be buying the game twice. PC and Vita just like GF and DoTT. :)