ThunderPeel

Nitpicker's Corner

39 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been said before, but I was just watching the making of video again, and in the last minute or so a shot from the intro is played.
In the shot we see the camera move through all the polecats, but it's really clear that it's just the Ben model repeated every time.
I think it becomes apparent due to the upscaling, but it definitely needs to be redone in the Remastered version.

EDIT: Just saw that someone already noticed this. Anyway, don't shoot me, I've got screenshots!

FullThrottle_Benhead.jpg

Edited by Joop

On 12/14/2016 at 0:00 PM, TimeGentleman said:

I hope the team gets time to do is differentiate the bikers on that one long tracking shot where the camera weaves through them from behind, before doing a 180 and framing Ben for the title shot. It seems like a wasted opportunity to keep them as clones as in the original.

Haha, yeah. We just ran out of time for getting that done for the trailer. It will be addressed before we ship.

It's looking badass. I do miss the blacks and starker contrast on the bike, in the shots compared in the first post, though, especially when those blacks exist in the background. My overwhelming response to the trailer is excitement for the release, though!

i watched the footage streamed by gog on twitch, and i found some stuff that needs a fix:

1- ben's fingers are still behind the throttle grip.

2- layer bugs on todd's house scene and when entering (and i found that the scene was bugged too in the original game)

3- the clouds in the night area arent moving like the original.

Untitled-5.jpg

Good job, Gosova. No idea what's going on with the new look of the backgrounds... I thought Matt said they were going to be changed to match the look of the original? I guess that part is still to do.

I believe this is the video?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129318761

Edit: Just watching it now, it looks like they took Ben's Protocola suggestion on board! Nice. Also the bike looks fantastic now (no longer brown hued). Really nice!

Quite a few graphical glitches still visible. The shadow under Ben disappears when he's under the gas tower, for example. I assume they're aware of this stuff.

Edited by ThunderPeel

1 hour ago, ThunderPeel said:

Edit: Just watching it now, it looks like they took Ben's Protocola suggestion on board!

Oh hey, yeah! Awesome!

some stuff that can get a fix. what do you guys think?

in the first picture: i think the gas can needs a clear redraw instead of just removing the pixels, cuz it feels kinda vectorized.

in the second picture: the shadow is kinda...doesnt match?

in the third picture: the machine's light is looking like a 3d object?

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

EDIT: and how about a clear version of the mink ranch's picture instead of blurry one?
8xpr86j5.jpg.8f66f2f183ee98b04bef96996a48a57b.jpg

Edited by Gosova

Good catches. I think Ben's shadow is all over the place, so I hope they'll spend some time getting that right before release.

I don't get what's going on with those beams of light... things should be brighter where they hit, not darker! They generally look very odd at the moment, but hopefully it wouldn't take much to fix and make look more natural.

I agree about the oil can and I also think they should change the colour of the hose... so it finally sticks out from the background and stops being a pixel hunting puzzle!

I don't agree about the photo, though. It looks far too sharp for the surrounding artwork in your version. Maybe it should be slightly less blurry, but not so sharp as that, IMHO.

I'd also like to see:

• A more interesting font (looks like Arial at the moment -- horribly clashing with the game world)
  • Losing the big black box behind the dialogue options
Edited by ThunderPeel

This is an unfair comparison because it's not taken from a video, but it's still worth having a look at LuisImage's fan art:

FT08_zps82ab635b.png

i also forgot to mention ben's bike glass, it looks great on luisImage's fan art, while it look like a big piece of ASPIRIN in the remastered version! (maybe maureen want it like this)

also the bottom part on the front is just black in the remastered version where maureen is fixing it.

full-throttle-remastered-010---the-open-road-new-1480713830738.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Edited by Gosova

22 hours ago, Gosova said:

Untitled-4.jpg

Those "beams of light" looks absolutely terrible, they don't even look like light! I guess they already know about something so noticeable as this and they'll fix it.

Great job to everybody in this thread btw, you guys notice the most small details!

Edited by Malleys

there is also a glitch appears in the footage as shown below:

the final frame in the scene is pixelated :)

Untitled-1.jpg