ThunderPeel

Nitpicker's Corner

93 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

Is it just me, or are there a couple of other things missing in that shot - the loose plane tyre on the road and a piece of plane to the top right of the flame trail?

Sure looks like it.  The worst part is that there's cut-outs in the flames where the objects should be.  Oh dear.

Maybe that's a layering issue or something (I don't know tech stuff) that could be patched pretty easily..?

I finished this the other day and while I'm very happy I did notice some stuff that occasionally annoyed me, like parts in backgrounds where the pixelization wasn't fixed or it seems there's at least one animator that drew the characters weird or just didn't grasp anatomy well. I suspect this person did the main menu character art, which I really don't like. Luckily though almost all of the important drawings and cutscene animations are solid and very faithful to the anatomy of the characters.

I'm also super surprised how faithful and great looking these 3D models came to be. All lighting issues are fixed and they look right at home in the 2D graphics. When I switch back and forth I can really see how above all else the 3D models in the original game really date it. Awesome stuff.

However I came here because something weird was up because especially nearer to the end I felt scenes were kind of ending abruptly or didn't seem to have the same emotional impact. And now that I see the list in this thread, the big reason for that is definitely because the music just keeps cutting out on scenes ending which I did not remember being a part of the original game. So please please please patch this above all else Double Fine! It really messes with the flow of the cutscenes when music can't fade out or transition properly.

Also man if someone could fix Ben's fingers to be in front of the 3D bike model on the road that would be great.

Edited by Sean Lane