Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMarley

Costume Quest and Stacking added to GOG Connect

5 posts in this topic

If you own those games on Steam, with GOG Connect you can add them freely to your GOG library. Thank you Double Fine! There are more games as well, including The Walking Dead S1 and Limbo. See here: https://www.gog.com/connect

Edited by EMarley

...would be much nicer if Costume Quest 2 and several other DF games were finally on GOG instead of just handing presents to Steam users. :|

GOG Connect is an amazing idea though. I'm 100% sure though that Gaben will never do it the other way around that GOG users would get their same games in Steam that they own in GOG.

Edited by Kolzig

It wouldn't be possible to do it the other way around, since, as far as I know, GOG doesn't have any sort of public API that could be used to check for ownership of a game. Game developers are, however, free to hand out as many Steam keys to their customers as they wish, provided they are able to identify and contact them.  

EDIT: I do like GOG though, and probably have around 100 games there. I think they're far behind Steam, itch and GameJolt in terms of convenience though, which is why I only use GOG for games that are exclusive to GOG. 

If anyone is interested, Brutal Legend and Stacking are available on GOG connect for the next 14 days.