Sign in to follow this  
El_Sig

Specified BlueRay but box says DVD

Hi,

I'm a 100 backer and I just received my broken age reward box. I'm not planning to open it but keep it in mint condition. Wrapped and sealed.

I noticed the box says "DVD" but I specified Blue ray in the response to gamer.

Are all the boxes the same and DVD is just a typo? Can anyone who has opened their box and received blue ray tell me what their box says,?

Edited by El_Sig

I guess this just refers to the actual "Broken Age" game in the box, which comes on a DVD, no matter which format the documentary has.

On my Blu-ray copy of the big box, the outer box says DVD-ROM (referring to the game disc); inside the big box, on the DFA slipcase, is a Blu-ray logo.

Big Boxes are all the same, but you can tell if it's a DVD by looking at the bottom of the box.  DVD edition has a little round black sticker on the shrinkwrap of the big box, blu-ray won't have any sticker at all.

Slip cases for the doc are marked as DVD or Blu-ray on the spines, but you'll only see that if you open the big box.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Big Boxes are all the same, but you can tell if it's a DVD by looking at the bottom of the box.  DVD edition has a little round black sticker on the shrinkwrap of the big box, blu-ray won't have any sticker at all.

Slip cases for the doc are marked as DVD or Blu-ray on the spines, but you'll only see that if you open the big box.

Thanks. That's what i needed to know. There's no black sticker on mine so blue-ray it is. Now it's going on the shelf, unwrapped :)

Thanks for an awesome game and an even awesomer documentary.

6 hours ago, El_Sig said:

Thanks

Thanks. That's what i needed to know. There's no black sticker on mine so blue-ray it is. Now it's going on the shelf, unwrapped :)

Thanks for an awesome game and an even awesomer documentary.

I totally understand the collector's mentality to preserve what certainly is a unique and limited item, but it makes me a little sad to think some people will never see the blu-ray.  Hopefully you have a friend that backed you can borrow it from.  Or maybe we can get a trade going on the forums.