Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Sidequest Series Restored

This was posted to the blu-ray thread but I thought I would call it out in it's own thread if anyone missed it.

Rebalanced the audio across the entire Sidequest series for improved consistency.  New 1080p transfers from the master files for all the series (except the first 2 Tim episodes, those are 720p).  Fixed some errors here and there.  Didn't get to spend as much time on them as I would have liked to, but i'm glad they're available to everyone now.

Thanks for getting these, in Steam, too! I was watching some episodes the other day and it looks like the Sidequests showed up in the last couple of days.

36 minutes ago, buckysrevenge said:

Thanks for getting these, in Steam, too! I was watching some episodes the other day and it looks like the Sidequests showed up in the last couple of days.

They got added to all the platforms around the same time I think.

17 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

Well, I didn't see them Saturday when I was watching some of the documentary and bonus stuff. Either way, Thanks!

Weird...  Steams been really cool to us though.  When/if they get download support it'll be the best video streaming sales platform out there.

How come? Is that because they give good deals to content creators, or because technically it's great?

Edited by ThunderPeel

7 hours ago, ThunderPeel said:

How come? Is that because they give good deals to content creators, or because technically it's great?

They support subtitles and alternate audio tracks for streaming.  Video quality is good.  Fun bonus stuff like card support.  Creator interface is a little clunky but there's lots of control.

VHX's lack of support for alternate audio tracks is a huge pain for this project since we put so much work into the commentary.  They're gradually moving more towards focused support for subscription video series and I feel we're being left out in the cold.  It came close to being my favorite platform at one point.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:35 PM, Levering_2pp said:

They support subtitles and alternate audio tracks for streaming.  Video quality is good.  Fun bonus stuff like card support.  

I've really enjoyed being able to have the subtitles for the episodes while listening to the commentary, it's awesome. The only (*very* minor) complaint I have about is how the video list is structured, I can't skip ahead to the bonus and material without exiting the video player.

That, and Steam has a bug that if you use Family Viewing at all, even if it's temporarily disabled, you still need to type in your PIN every time you need to open the Video player.

2 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

I've really enjoyed being able to have the subtitles for the episodes while listening to the commentary, it's awesome. The only (*very* minor) complaint I have about is how the video list is structured, I can't skip ahead to the bonus and material without exiting the video player.

That, and Steam has a bug that if you use Family Viewing at all, even if it's temporarily disabled, you still need to type in your PIN every time you need to open the Video player.

It doesn't hurt to make suggestions on the Steam forums, i've found feedback is heard and considered by Valve in most cases.  I'm not sure how big the video team is but they seem to care about the platform and user experience.

Sign in to follow this