3 posts in this topic

aLetfH5.gif

Hi everyone, my name is Saleem and I'm one of the devs working on GNOG! We thought we'd start a general thread of what the game is all about since we're one of the next Double Fine Presents games to ship :)

Quick facts:

Developed by: KO_OP
Published by: Double Fine
Platforms: PS4 (with PS VR support), Steam (PC/Mac), iOS
Release date: PS4: May 2017, Steam/iOS: TBD
Available to preorder NOW on PS4 (with a discount if you're a PS+ member): Preorder here

GNOG is a musical & hand crafted 3D puzzle game, about tactile monster heads made up of interactable little bits that you can point, click, grab, poke, spin, and pull to solve puzzles. The game is inspired by things like point and click puzzle games such as Machinarium & Botaniucla, as well as the physical toylike playgrounds of Windosill and Metamorphabet. 

Watch the Trailer

YkMKGOU.png

In GNOG each level contains an outside (the face) and an inside (the interior) and puzzles involve you doing a little bit of something on each side. We don't tell you what each puzzle is, it's all part of the process of playing the game and figuring things out. 

If you have any questions we'll be around answering them, and we'll post more screenshots and WIP as we go along. In the meantime you can also follow the development on twitter here: @koopmode

Hey @Saleem

Okay, so I always wonder with really out there concepts like this, where do you get the idea for something like this? Is it that you're just messing around and experimenting with ideas when you stumble upon an idea and just iterate until you have the thing? Does it involve imbibing ritual potions which grant you the vision to think so laterally that the idea of a Polly Pocket style puzzle box game involving faces that are also worlds just make perfect sense?