Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

Anything you read in the [politics thread] is FAKE NEWS

You should link to the article and not post the entire thing verbatim. 

I'm saying this as a moderator.

It's more about not getting Doublefine in trouble for reposting articles without proper attribution. 

Back to the spice cabinet he goes. 

I don't blame him. He got a thankless job with a terrible boss and then someone off TV got the job he was supposed to be promoted to. Anyone would leave at that point.

I hope he writes a tell-all book. It'd probably be worth a read.

So, Trump banned transgendered people from serving in the military.  This is probably his worst action so far especially when he made promises for the LGBT community. 

Particularly because if the ban goes through, the lot of them would probably get a Section 8, meaning no veterans benefits.

That's what used to happen with Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Has he actually done it? I saw someone saying that he can't actually just put this through himself, and this seems like his usual habit of tweeting inflammatory ideas that he has no intention or ability to actually go through with, to distract from stuff like the whole Russia thing. I don't have a strong understanding of US politics, so I don't know how accurate this is...

It seems like some senators wanted to write a bill banning trans troops from using military health care to pay for transition surgeries and Trump, on his own without consulting anyone, misunderstood what they wanted and was like "why stop there?".

The dumpster fire that is this presidency and the current state of both major political parties, each one for its own mixture of evil and incredible idiocy, seems to know no bounds.

It's from a clearly left-leaning publication, but I really appreciated this article from today (which rips mostly the Trump admin, but also Rs and Ds for their own stupidity):

https://theoutline.com/post/1524/the-crushing-idiocy-of-donald-trump

One excerpt I especially enjoyed:

To compound the country's political situation, Trump is an idiot surrounded by idiots. Jared Kushner jets around the world in his designer Kevlar vest, screeching that he’s not a %#$@&!. Steve Bannon gurgles half-remembered race slurs through alcoholic bile, fumbling for the light switch in the Oval. Sean Spicer goes out wide-eyed and empty to the press corps, a salve for anyone who has ever worried that they aren’t quite up to their jobs, and tells them that Hitler never gassed anyone in his life. The incompetence of the Trump administration is not just a matter of cosmetics. Say what you will about George W. Bush, but an immigration order from his office would have been vetted by every top-notch torture memo writer in the building, with national guard units stationed around the airports for the big day. Trump begins his march to fascist power with a series of uninterrupted, humiliating defeats at the hands of judiciary and legislative branches controlled by his own party. History is filled with men who have managed to be evil and stupid at the same time, but if we have learned anything these past few months, it is that there is a stupidity so deeply planted that evil trips over it on the way to the store.

It does not even matter, really, whether or not Trump’s election was the result of an elaborate, multi-year Kremlin plot to install the guy from The Apprentice in the West Wing. If it was, then it is the most ineptly covered up conspiracy we have ever seen: every half-bit sleuth online isn’t figuring this out because the administration is being subtle. But there’s also a simpler explanation for all the too-good-to-be-true evidence: These people are idiots, and assholes, and no matter what Chris Hayes says, they’ve never made a “calculation” in their lives.

But the whole article is just one good long rip.

During an alt-right protest in Charlottesville, VA that opposed the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, a car drove into the protest and ran the protestors over.  1 is dead, 19 are injured.

Update: It was the liberal protestors who were ran over.  Governor of Virginia declared a state of emergency.

Edited by epic