Sign in to follow this  
nahmed

Nintendo Switch?

Please bring it to Nintendo Switch. It would be incredible to play it on the Go. I would gladly swap my PS4/Xbox copy with the Switch version. Since Unreal engine supports Switch development, hopefully it will not be difficult to port it to the platform (fingers crossed).

Double Fine's stock answer for platform requests is: "we want to put games out on everything where possible". As for the Switch, I have my doubts they'd focus on it as a release platform just because that's a big commitment to make for a new and untested platform. I suspect the approach will be to keep an eye on things, see how the Switch launch and so on goes, and if they think it can be justified, announce a port.

It definitely wouldn't be very straightforward, since the Switch is a less powerful system, they would likely have to optimise a lot of assets to get it running well while still looking good, and the controls would need thought, as well as making sure it works well in docked and undocked mode - so it's definitely not a straight port. But I hope it comes out on it too, eventually! I'm getting mine soon. 

Yeah, they already said that stock answer when I tweeted at them about it a month ago:

Since the Switch already supports UE4, as you said, I imagine porting it should be relatively easy. The game would just need to be optimized, the controls remapped (and the Switch control scheme looks reasonably standard, so that would probably be not too difficult to figure out), and then it'd be good. And there's probably not anything in a contract stopping them - the game's already multi-platform.

I figure they just don't want to say absolutely yes yet, cause, they don't know what's going to happen, but I feel like barring anything really unexpected it's a matter of when rather than if. I could be totally wrong though. I'll be playing the game on my PC regardless, but I would love to have it on the Switch too because... Portable Psychonauts! And just getting the game to more people is always good, but we all know that. It'd be pretty great.

Edited by josiahstick

I really, really hope this game is released on the Switch. Super Mario Odyssey has basically rendered buying a PS4 a non-option for me, at least anytime soon. I'm already missing out on Rhombus of Ruin because holy heck that PSVR is expensive, and I really don't wanna miss out on this.

My PC is not built for gaming in the slightest so that's not exactly an option either.

I’m not sure if they will, but I’d pay extra for it on the Switch simply because I can have it on the go. I’ve nevet played the first psychonauts or any other double fine game for that matter, but when I found psychonauts recently for the ps2 it looked amazing. If they truly want to bring the game to as many platforms as they can, they’d definitely put it on the Switch.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:19 PM, Kahl said:

Would love to have any Double Fine title on the switch.

True here too... Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Broken Age... any and everything.

Please, please, pretty please,  Psychonauts 2 and 1 on Nintendo Switch!!!!

Grim Fandango and Broken Age are already coming!