Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

I played a little last night (won't spoil)

Strong start! Nice late title sequence, very pretty. Game looks really good over all, and the puzzles so far have been light but fun to play through. Lots of nice little details to play with too. 

I heard it only goes on for around 2 hours which I don't mind so much for a VR thing, but I guess it's a bit of a shame it'll be over so quickly. But it's been a lot of fun to hear all those voices again, delivering fresh dialogue.  

Same here, it was an amazing experience to be inside the world of those characters you already like so much.

I hope Double Fine creates more of those VR games of known IPs, or more Psychonauts VR after Psychonauts 2.

I stayed up till 4 AM last night playing it all the way through, and I am utterly delighted!  As a long-time Psychonauts mega-fan, this brought a tear to my eye, and it was so incredibly fun.  Hearing those characters again, seeing them interact, learning more little details about them and their world... just amazing.  And what a beautiful world it is!  Excellent work to absolutely everyone involved in making this game, thank you so, so much.  I am terrible at puzzle games so it took me longer than 2 hours, but that's fine because there's lots of lovely dialogue to listen to while I bumble around ineffectively, LOL!  I laughed out loud by myself several times, and when the villain surprised me I literally jumped.  Now that I have slept and eaten, I'm off for a second play through, this time even slower to try and ferret out every little detail I can find!
Congrats and again, a HUGE thank you to everyone on the team who worked so hard, and to Sony for giving them the platform to do it!

:raz2:

I am delighted just by watching the beginning of a let's play. All the interactions between the characters inside the jet are wonderful. I would really love to see this on PC, even if just with point and click controls.

Finished it now and it was a lovely little thing. It works as a little Psychonauts epilogue, even tying up a couple of loose threads the original game left hanging, and letting us know more about some characters. 

If there was one negative, I thought they could have done a bit more with the mechanic in which fish are used to navigate around the watery areas. Most of the time it's just 'look for the next fish, wait for it to stop, then go to it' and I wouldn't have minded more navigation puzzles beyond the couple that are in the game. 

Just piping in with gratitude for the PC release! I showed it to my nephew, who is pretty fussy with games and more into action (like fortnite) but he was captivated and played it for an hour, only stopping because of that pesky dinner time. I love how perfectly 'Psychonauts' the game feels, and am excited to give it a full play-through myself.