Spaff

Full Throttle is out on 4/18!

Full Throttle will release on PS4, PS Vita and PC on 4/18. 

You can pre order now from GOG or Playstation, and you'll get a rather spiffing 20% off.

Watch this special message from our fearless leader! 

PRE ORDER LINKS

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/full-throttle-remastered/cid=UP2154-CUSA06644_00-FULLTHROTTLE0PS4

https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

That's great, but I cannot believe you left the localized dubbed versions out of the package (German, French, Spanish, Italian). I'm not too worried, though: this is not the first time GOG forgets to update the default language infos for a game.

Awesome! @Spaff is the PSN pre-order also available in Europe or only in North America?

I get an error page from the PSN link, and I'm from Finland.

Edited by Kolzig

14 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

Will Mac and Linux versions be available on the 18th or will they be released later?

According to GOG.com's site, it will run on the Mac.

Works on: Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.9.0+) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04)

I'm aware of what GOG stated, I just was curious if it was a simultaneous release on all PC platforms or if non-Win systems will be delayed.

46 minutes ago, buckysrevenge said:

I'm aware of what GOG stated, I just was curious if it was a simultaneous release on all PC platforms or if non-Win systems will be delayed.

It's never been my experience with GOG for them to list a title that's cross-platform and not release it on the same day unless otherwise noted. Some titles that had Mac ports in the works started out as Windows only titles on GOG's store and were later updated when the port became available. While that's not really a guarantee, I think the odds are good that we'll be getting the release on both platforms on release.

17 minutes ago, Jeyl said:

It's never been my experience with GOG for them to list a title that's cross-platform and not release it on the same day unless otherwise noted. Some titles that had Mac ports in the works started out as Windows only titles on GOG's store and were later updated when the port became available. While that's not really a guarantee, I think the odds are good that we'll be getting the release on both all three platforms on release.

I hope so too, but I noticed that the system requirements for Linux are the same as the requirements for Grim Fandango Remastered, so I'm also not 100% sure whether they've been confirmed/tested or if it's just an assumption on GOG's part. Especially since this is the first I've heard of it releasing day-1 for Linux. Come to think of it (and after searching the forums), I found this post by Matt from December, where he states that the game will not get a simultaneous release for Linux (or iOS and macOS):

For the question of platforms, we have a contract deadline we have to hit for early-ish next year, so we are focusing our effort on PS4, Vita and Windows for launch. After the initial launch we will be fixing bugs and addressing the feedback from the community (like we did for DOTT) while also working on the OSX, Linux and iOS versions. Trust me, we would love to release everything on day-one, but we are a pretty small team and don't want to compromise the quality of the game by spreading ourselves too thin.

So if the game is being released for Linux and macOS on 18 April, that's new news, as far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

Hey, just means that the first version we get will have less bugs! :hexiraz:

:D

Is the version of the game shown in GOG's Twitch-stream with Tim the current build? Because it still has quite a bit of graphical glitches (like disappearing shadows, lighting changes once a special animation starts, too dark muzzle flashes and search lights and even the original 320x240-version of the game flickering up when the police jet lands), even in the few minutes shown there. On the other hand the contrast issues of Ben's bike have been fixed, so it at least gotta be a newer build than what was used for the trailer.

Edited by Laserschwert

They do have another month to work on the game, so they have a lot of time to work out more of the minor glitches

On 16.3.2017 at 10:04 PM, Jeyl said:

Question. How are the wallpapers handled if I pre-ordered the game on GOG.com?

The wallpapers weren't first listed there when I immediately pre-ordered the game this week. Now I see there's under the game page listed goodies 4 wallpapers, but when going to the game library, under backups & goodies there are no downloads for the game.

sir @Spaff could you please help in figuring out why the wallpapers can't be downloaded yet? In Tim's video he says the wallpapers should be available with the pre-order?

8 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

They do have another month to work on the game, so they have a lot of time to work out more of the minor glitches

Those aren't minor glitches though. Even stuff like Ben's hands behind the bike handles are still in there, so if this is a current build, why didn't they just show parts of the game that were more polished? If problems like these are still present throughout the game, a month would be really little time to fix all of these...

Then don't preorder the game if you are so worried. Wait until other people buy it; if DF does a crap job of restoring FT, you know there'll be complaints

On 16.3.2017 at 10:04 PM, Jeyl said:

Question. How are the wallpapers handled if I pre-ordered the game on GOG.com?

Wallpapers are now found under Backups & Goodies! :)

Well, as you might know from DoTT and GF remasters, the Steam version comes also, but first release is always the drm free version at gog.

Edited by Kolzig