keybounce

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Lets Play?

I am thinking of doing a Let's Play playthrough, and I wanted to know if there was any interest.

By "Let's play", I mean "Let Us Play" -- taking ideas and feedback on things to try from viewers. This would either be live streaming chat, or video comments.

The only rule: No spoilers, no "answer giveaways". I have played enough to get to the bombs, and gone into the code rooms, but did ... something? to mess up the save (going into the code, and coming out, with no change, breaks it). So I'll have to start over.

This will be a chance to suggest silly ideas, or to come up with "Hey, what about X" without having to play all the way through to that point to try it.

So anyone want to watch and play?

(Yes, I am talking about "twitch plays Hack-n-slash" or something like that :-).

Did you bomb a bomb and enter its portal? That might be the cause of your issue. I believe loading a state before acquiring the bombs should solve it.

I'd very much like to see people stream the game live, although this is the kind of game where "silly ideas" is very likely to spoil something unless you've already beaten the game though, so I think I would be more of a spectator until then. ;)

... it is entirely possible that I placed two bombs without realizing it.

And no, I did not think of going back in time. I just deleted the corrupted save.

That's unfortunate. Almost all hacks in the game can be reverted by going back in time. This should help you a lot for your next playthrough.

Fortunately, you should be able to quickly get back to where you were, since you already know the solutions to the previous puzzles.

I'm currently playing Hack n' Slash for the first time, I'd participate!

Alright, looks like my first attempt at a streaming let's play will be ... oh lovely.

Next saturday is april 1st, a great day to be a computer fool :-)

FWIW: I'm trying to get "beam.pro" to work nicely. So far no luck. Twitch has issues with both locksup and long-delays. Let me give youtube's live streaming a test this week...

I can't even chat on YouTube Live streams because of their forced Google integration... :(

Joy.

So I was trying out beam.pro, hoping to make use of their 0-latency streaming to eliminate the 20 second twitch lag.

A recording of that session is https://beam.pro/keybounce?vod=1279146 starting at 11 minutes in.

But ... The room with the re-programmable turtle spawner, before the swamp king, is crashing when I'm setting the spawn behavior for the new turtles. This is well before the bombs.

What can be causing this, and how would I solve this?

Steam's "verify files" says that the files are fine.

Edited by keybounce
fixed time offset of gameplay

If you're talking about why the world collapsed near the end of your recording, it's kinda your fault. I suggest you try to figure out what happened by yourself.

If you can't figure it out, here's what happened: A turtle spawned while you were hacking the spawn behavior, and as you were editing the 2nd entry, the turtle tried to execute it. By coincidence, you had it set on GRABGRASS while the turtle was swimming, a case that is not normally possible. The game then tried to load the nonexistent graphics for this combination, triggering the error.

Oh joy. I did *not* figure that out.

So, stop turtles from spawning before playing with the programming. Got it.

---

Meanwhile, I've played with Beam, YouTube, and twitch streaming. I think I'll stay with Twitch for now.

Edited by keybounce