Spaff

04/04/17 - Amnesia Fortnight 2017!

Edit:

Amnesia Fortnight returns for 2017, starting with the pitches and voting on 4/4!  Watch the below to find out more, and keep your eye on this thread to find out how you can join in the development mayhem! 

old post:

Box_Loop2.gif

Ooh! Exciting!

I can't wait (well, I can wait, but I don't want to ;)).

Grim-Fandango-GIFs-tim-schafer-38929697-

I've been away from these forums...

Not out of want or need, just I don't know what to say.

Looks like that'll be changing!

Feels so nostalgic watching that video again years later. A lot has happened since then.

2 hours ago, flesk said:

Feels so nostalgic watching that video again years later. A lot has happened since then.

Yeah, it's been a looooooooooong time!

2 hours ago, buckysrevenge said:

Yep, Tim confirmed it:

That's not quite a direct confirmation, but it sure does look like the AF box! :)

35 minutes ago, Cheeseness said:

That's not quite a direct confirmation, but it sure does look like the AF box! :)

If it's not AF, it's the biggest fake-out I've seen in a while

For anyone who hasn't spotted, Spaff has updated the first post in this thread with the recently released announcement video, and we've also made another thread where we'll be adding details of what kind of shape community participation is going to take this time around.

On 28/03/2017 at 8:40 AM, EricMahler said:

Bad Golf 3?

Bad Golf 3!

%#$@&! yeah!

Really enjoyed hanging around the forum the last two times, so I'm definitely going to do that this time aswell

Fantastic news - I love everything about amnesia fortnight, really looking forward to seeing this year's pitches.

I think it's a really smart idea to have half of the pitches chosen by DF - one by Tim and the rest by the rest of the staff.

Before I've felt like there have been pitches which would probably be a really good thing to prototype, but aren't the sort of thing that is going to get votes, and this gives them a fighting chance to be rescued. 

The biggest issue with AF I think is that it encourages a Kickstarter-style niche populism, that is, ideas that sound good to a certain group of people on paper. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but there are games that will never do well in that environment. I always remember the Dum Sim game from a few years back and thinking 'well that sounds like a really great idea to prototype but it's not going to win', and I could tell Tim liked it too when he was reviewing the pitches.  

On 3/29/2017 at 4:03 AM, person said:

Bad Golf 3!

Bad Golf 3: Prepare To Golf Edition

Look forward to it. I probably won't get to follow much of it during the actual window, but hope to catch up on things after it.

Smiles