Spaff

Welcome to Amnesia Fortnight 2017!

Welcome to Amnesia Fortnight 2017!

For the uninitiated, Amnesia Fortnight is an internal game jam in which the Double Fine development teams drop what they're doing and work on prototypes for new games. It was originally designed as a break away from traditionally long development cycles to make something different for a while, but in later years provided prototypes for games such as Costume Quest, Hack n’ Slash and Stacking. 

Everyone at Double Fine has the opportunity to pitch a game, and via a humble bundle that gives access to older prototypes, YOU can vote on the ones you want to see us make!  (You have until April 7th to vote!)

Two projects will be chosen by you, one by us and one by Tim.

The entire thing will be captured by the 2 Player Productions team, and there will be a documentary episode uploaded every day so you can watch along at home, and get a glimpse into the process of making games.

In these forums you can watch all the pitches and decide on your favorites, and talk to the prospective leads, before and then heading over to Humble Bundle to cast your vote!

The actual games making begins on April 12th! Let the games begin!

I love AF and I'm always amazed to see how many new faces there are each time. Very excited to see what is made!

Will there be a ~day long twitch stream of the event in addition to the daily 2PP docs? The streams were so much time in past AFs! 

58 minutes ago, Guest Valiant_Cookie said:

Will there be a ~day long twitch stream of the event in addition to the daily 2PP docs? The streams were so much time in past AFs! 

I was wondering this as well.

Smiles

I was just noticing that the there's a listing for  the Daily Videos...

but it's only at $5.  

Does this mean that UNDER $5 will not get access to one of the best part of this process?

29 minutes ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

I was just noticing that the there's a listing for  the Daily Videos...

but it's only at $5.  

Does this mean that UNDER $5 will not get access to one of the best part of this process?

@Anemone

I actually responded to THAT after, cause I saw it after I posted here.  With a now different question for Spaff concerning that but thanks.

Edited by Reid_Harris_Cooper

You're too ninja for me! I can't keep up with your ninja moves!

Alright, I voted. Let's see how many of the pitches I voted for won't get made. :P

(Good luck to all the pitchers, can't wait to see the spectacle this year! :D)

Edit: voted for six. One of those gets made. :D

Edited by Talahar

I don't understand where to find the actual link to vote... My order page just has some long code, not a link and says "Thanks for voting."

Edited by Frogacuda

16 minutes ago, Frogacuda said:

I don't understand where to find the actual link to vote... My order page just has some long code, not a link and says "Thanks for voting."

Voting closed three hours ago I'm afraid. You can watch the results announcement stream here: 

Edited by Kludgey

I like the pitches that were chosen, especially The Gods Must be Hungry and Darwin's Dinner, but I also wanted to see Taroky, Iron Legion, Jacinda, Soul Garden, A Slice of Heaven, Symphonic Strife being made! AAARRRRGH, too many good pitches, those ideas were great, I would definetely buy actual games based on them!

Edited by Shendue

Looking forward to seeing what DF does with these concepts; 3 of them were on my shortlist, and 1 was one of the 2-3 I was most excited for. (Even though I won't be able to play I Have No Idea What I'm Doing because I opted for PSVR rather than investing in PC-based VR this generation, I would love to see this one come together well enough that DF creates a full game from it that, hopefully, I can add to my PSVR game collection.)

It's interesting to me that Kiln was the company's pick; I'm curious what other internal discussions may have occurred around these ideas beyond the pitches we saw.

Hello, I'm trying to find information when streams and videos will be online. Live or VOD. When amnesia fortnight is happening I tend to rearrange my sleeping schedule around it, since I live in Sweden. So it would be great to get some information regarding times. Anyone know?

Hey, on the Double Fine youtube channel they have a stream scheduled for tomorrow at 20:30 (GMT), that may be a sign that they will start putting up other scheduled streams once development begins. Other than that I'm not sure when exactly the streams will be.

Edited by jctwood

Is there a way to buy the games on steam? Because of the delay in the documentary series I lost track of the actual AF timeframe, and forgot to buy the games on Humble...