Cheeseness

Vote for your favourite Community Amnesia Fortnight Pitch!

Which Community Pitches most excite you?  

117 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Community Pitches most excite you?

• Amnesia Adventure
    • The Lost Dev Team
    • Pongball

Help us decide which Community Pitch should be the "main" community project during Amnesia Fortnight 2017 by voting for one or more of your favourite game concepts! (You have until April 7th to vote!)

The selected project will be the primary focus for community development across Amnesia Fortnight, and will have access to DF mentorship in the form of daily chat/Q&A sessions. Across development, you'll be able to get advice from cool people like Greg Rice, Matt Enright, Anna Kipnis, Miyuki Richardson, Paul O'Rourke, Geoff Soulis, Kee Chi, Jeremy Mitchell!

Further details, concept art and discussion on each Community Pitch can be found in the following threads:

Voting is closed, and Pongball has been selected to be the primary project. Hop on over to the announcement/FAQ thread for more details!

Hey, this is fun. All the pitches were great, but in the end I voted for The Lost Dev Team. They got me by mentioning the Cave, and I was reminded of the deep, dark sadness in my soul that that game never got a sequel.

Make it happen, voters!

Great pitches all!

I vote for Amnesia Adventure!  As an embittered old adventurer, this sounds great!

I love Amnesia Forthnight and doing a community game alongside the others is such a wonderful idea! All the pitvhes were super interesting. I like the idea of Amnesia Adventure with its varying art styles especially!

2 hours ago, AlfredJ said:

They got me by mentioning the Cave

And I responded to their other mention, my favorite platformer Lost Vikings. But that was about excellent execution - not at all likely a game 'like it' would be close.

Really cool pitches! looking forward to all of them!

Pongball sounds so cool. I really love the idea of doing a community fortnight along side the company.

I really hope that Amnesia Adventure wins because it would be a lot of fun for everybody to work on! It really would be the most suitable for a community effort of varying skill levels and styles. As long as @TimeGentleman decides on one concrete mystery/solution that we all could hint at in our own ways, then the disjointedness of each separate amnesia episode could actually have a charm to it like WarioWare. Near the end, we could figure out what order the amnesia episodes could be arranged in that would gradually reveal the solution to the mystery.

But even if Amnesia Adventures doesn't win, I'd love to contribute game design, producing, and/or audio design. I hope there are a lot of talented folks who will rally around whichever concept wins!

All three pitches are really cool. I'm really struggling to pick one.

Loved all of the pitches! Can't wait to see what ends up winning.

So, can you vote for multiple pitches?  Can you change your vote after you've made it?

4 hours ago, VideoGameScrapBook said:

I really hope that Amnesia Adventure wins because it would be a lot of fun for everybody to work on! It really would be the most suitable for a community effort of varying skill levels and styles. As long as @TimeGentleman decides on one concrete mystery/solution that we all could hint at in our own ways, then the disjointedness of each separate amnesia episode could actually have a charm to it like WarioWare. Near the end, we could figure out what order the amnesia episodes could be arranged in that would gradually reveal the solution to the mystery.

I just want to clarify that although I presented the pitch, I won't necessarily be lead designer or anything like that (this may be the same for all three pitches, not sure). I've got a chunk of four days in the fortnight that I can dedicate to the game, but otherwise I just started a new job that will take up a lot of my time and energy so I don't want to commit to the whole thing and then let people down. Hopefully the people willing to fill various positions will come to the fore in the early stages of whichever pitch is chosen.

Regarding the disjointedness, I think we could probably come up with a few puzzles to make it less linear - for example in the concept art there's an alien plant that pops up in a few, and 'mirage' and 'water' signs to be swapped!

Thanks so much for the kind words, people!

When voting ends, we'll be going into more detail about how people can get involved, but I want to make sure that people understand that they're free to work on stuff that doesn't get picked (whether that's one of these pitches or Bad Golf or something else!). When voting ends, I'll make a space for people to let me know about any other projects they're working on, and I'll make sure they get their own threads, and access to a GitHub repo.

The voting will determine which project gets the most attention from Double Fine (in terms of mentorship, presence in streams, and that sort of thing).

Tough call between all three.  This falls during my 3 week break from work so it is perfect timing.  

These are very cool ideas. I would like to help out if I can but I have my own game to work on for a university assessment due at the end of the month so it'll have to be time permitting.

Great ideas Cheeseness.  Looking forward to seeing things develop.

I'd offer my voice work again, but I'll be away during at least part of AF.  I'm happy to do what I can however.

Alrighty, people. We're down to the last 12 hours of voting (here's a countdown if that's helpful!). If you've not yet voted, get on that!

Poll results will be visible, to everyone, but we'll hold off opening everything up to community contribution till the 12th to coincide with the start of Amnesia Fortnight itself. We'll make use the intervening time to get a little extra groundwork/planning done so that we're in a better position to accept contributions from the beginning than we were when Bad Golf - we'll also be encouraging more disucssion and deeper exploration of the selected project across that time, so everyone can still be a part of things :)

Thanks to everybody who's been supportive so far, and thanks again to @aaronscientiae @Anemone @Bidiot Bales @bobsayshilol @Cheeseness @flesk @invadererik @Jenni @Lasd @lightsoda @Lokno @Syd @Taekon @TimeGentleman @ThunderPeel for their help and hard work in getting things this far!

Voting is over. Pongball has been selected as the primary community project! Thanks for helping us pick, everyone! We'll have some posts up later today with some more information on how things are going to work from here. Development will kick off on the 12th!

I've just popped up a proper announcement/FAQ thread with some more details on Pongball and how things are going to work moving forward. I'll lock this one down for now. Thanks so much to everybody for their enthusiasm - I'm looking forward to sharing in making Pongball with you all!