Double Fine Action Forums
MrBushido

How are we supposed to vote when there are so many good ideas?

Don't we all!

Also, every game from past jams as well. ;-)

GO BLACK LAKE!

Those were some really great ideas! So hard to only pick a handful! Whoever gets picked we'll be seeing some great stuff!

I've narrowed it down to 6..ish, but now I'm struggling!

Some of my favourites look as though they could be prototyped fairly well during two weeks. Others that have caught my eye seem like they would need a longer period of time to deliver a fleshed-out proof of concept, but I guess that's the fun of it! It's going to be interesting to see which pitches are selected by Tim and the team. 

38 minutes ago, TitaniumOnMars said:

Some of my favourites look as though they could be prototyped fairly well during two weeks. Others that have caught my eye seem like they would need a longer period of time to deliver a fleshed-out proof of concept, but I guess that's the fun of it! It's going to be interesting to see which pitches are selected by Tim and the team. 

Yeah, that's how I tried to split it. Things that will make fun games in a couple of weeks development, but even that doesn't shave many titles off. Quite a few have reasonable sounding goals for a gamejam cycle.

This year there were less topics that resonated with me -- the VR or coop or multiplayer ones just don't interest me. But I voted for some ones I think still would be interesting.

Smiles

42 minutes ago, Smiles said:

This year there were less topics that resonated with me -- the VR or coop or multiplayer ones just don't interest me. But I voted for some ones I think still would be interesting.

Smiles

I feel the same about VR and multiplayer, but it wouldn't be the first time this has happened to me. Pretty much everything from 2000 to 2010 was like, "I hope you like shooters and online versus!"

Happy to see some very high profile single player games coming out. Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda, and of course.... PSYCHONAUTS 2 :razhead:

18 hours ago, TitaniumOnMars said:

If it's helpful at all, you can vote for 6 (or more) of the pitches, or if you love them all equally, you can vote for everything and not feel bad ^_^

I voted for six pitches, and I can't wait to see if any of those will get made.

But I'm sure I will enjoy whatever comes our way.

I feel with Amnesia Fortnight the journey is much more important than the destination anyway. :D

I've narrowed it down to like..18 :/   I may narrow it down further, but I don't think it would hurt to vote for all of them.

I made a spreadsheet to help keep track.  

On 05/04/2017 at 11:06 AM, MrBushido said:

Yeah, that's how I tried to split it. Things that will make fun games in a couple of weeks development, but even that doesn't shave many titles off. Quite a few have reasonable sounding goals for a gamejam cycle.

I agree! I'm sure the pitches that seem more complex will be properly handled by their leaders if they are selected. 

On 06/04/2017 at 4:55 AM, Cheeseness said:

If it's helpful at all, you can vote for 6 (or more) of the pitches, or if you love them all equally, you can vote for everything and not feel bad ^_^

Haha! Yay! I saw this message just as I logged in to vote, thanks for the heads up. :D

Of course, voting for everything is the same as voting for nothing.

Anyway, I just voted for 5, picking 3 which I thought were good choices for a prototype i.e. I thought those games could be turned into an effective prototype in a couple of weeks, and 2 based on me just really liking the concept regardless.

Also I slightly tried to second guess DF and Tim and tried not to vote for ones I feel like have a high chance of being rescued by the team if they don't make it with votes.

As someone who isn't good arranging things to top lists, I figured out a method.

I started to watch playlist, I paused near end of each video that managed to make me want to vote on them. This was a good method since you were allowed to vote as many you like on that list.