Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frogacuda

Thank you, Tim, for thinking of the VR audience.

I'm so happy to see I Have No Idea What I'm Doing make it to the final list. The VR audience is small and doesn't have the votes to get that done, but it's a potentially great idea and a project with a scope that seems like it could make a successful real game. I'm really excited to play this.

I know some people were disappointed but this was exactly the sort of idea it made sense for Tim or the team to rescue, so I agree. AF can't just be about what'll win votes, as so much would get missed.

Having just done In the Rhombus Of Ruin with some success I bet they were all excited to do more VR. I watched 2pp's mini docu on Rhombus' creation, so I'm looking forward to watch the team develop this particular gem.

Of course, the nihilistic (and slightly drunk) cynic in me thinks that, since not one of the four AF2014 winners made it into full production, this is all meaningless, and we are all dust in the winds of history. Cheers. *sips some wine* :P

10 hours ago, Talahar said:

Having just done In the Rhombus Of Ruin with some success I bet they were all excited to do more VR. I watched 2pp's mini docu on Rhombus' creation, so I'm looking forward to watch the team develop this particular gem.

Of course, the nihilistic (and slightly drunk) cynic in me thinks that, since not one of the four AF2014 winners made it into full production, this is all meaningless, and we are all dust in the winds of history. Cheers. *sips some wine* :P

Not really any reason to think that, though! I think most yearsat least one of the games sees SOME sort of release eventually. Still, it's true that there are some different circumstances now - with Psychonauts 2 hurtling towards production (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this AF marks the boundary between Pre-prod and full-prod), and Full Throttle nearing release... I have to guess Psychonauts is gonna be the main focus of the studio for a while.

Also, don't forget the lead for this particular title is also the lead designer on Psychonauts 2, so that probably means that this one isn't going to be a priority anytime soon unless it switches lead designer. 

On 4/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Talahar said:

Whats interesting is Tim really was hoping head lander would the be pitch that the community would vote for, but it lost. Who cares what the internet community choose, Tim liked Headlander,  enough that they made it into a full game. So it doesnt really matter what the internet community voted for, its what Tim wants. Which makes sense since he runs the company.

So, we already know Tim saw potential in  "I dont know what I'm doing" VR game so it fairs a better chance of being made into a full game than anything else.

Sign in to follow this