Cheeseness

Mentor Schedule

Our wonderful friends at Double Fine have offered to join us and share their advice and perspectives with the community across Amnesia Fortnight.

This will take the form of a series of streamed video calls that will touch on current project progress, feedback from each mentor's perspectives, and a Q&A session taking questions from the #community-amnesia-fortnight IRC channel on foonetic.net. Mentor sessions will happen at 2300 UTC weekdays (weekend activity TBC), and will be streamed to the Double Fine Youtube channel (these will be unlisted streams, so check back for links when we're about to go live!). Stream archives will be listed below.

If anybody has questions they'd like to have specific mentors answer and is uncertain about whether or not they'll be in IRC during that session, pop those questions down in this thread and I'll do what I can to get them answered!

Here's the currently planned schedule (subject to change):

• Mon - Paul O'Rourke (SFX, music, audio and synergy)
  • Tue - Anna Kipnis (programming, prototyping, and keeping track of the bigger picture)

Just trying to lock this down.

6PM EST

so 3 PM PST?

Also we don't know where/when or how just yet?

Ah so excited for Thursday but also all the others!!

2 hours ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

Just trying to lock this down.

6PM EST

so 3 PM PST?

Also we don't know where/when or how just yet?

The when is 2300 UTC. Add or subtract your local UTC offset and you're good to go (or if you're having trouble with that, try this) :)

As for where, I'll update the first post with the streaming location - most likely DF's Youtube account, but we haven't gotten that confirmed yet, so sit tight ^_^

We're about to go live with the first mentor stream featuring Greg Rice and Tim Schafer!

Big thanks to FragmentalStew for helping me keep track of community questions!

Thanks heaps to everybody who tuned in and submitted questions. I hope that it was interesting!

Huge thanks also to @Greg Rice and @Tim Schafer for generously sharing their time with us, especially given that we went a bit over time! (future streams will be about half that length)

Thank you so much to everyone involved. This was an incredible event that provided so much great insight.

That was really fun! Looking forward to the next one. 

A quick update to today's schedule. Anna is unable to make it today. We'll still be doing the stream with Matt (and maybe a surprise guest) though, so get your questions ready!

OK, we'll be going live in about 10 minutes or so over here

Big thanks to KGuNN for helping me keep track of community questions!

Thanks heaps to @Matt Enright for joining us today! There were some great insights in today's stream.

Apologies for the camera troubles. We'll try to get that sorted before tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone involved in making and posting these, they're very cool! I'm looking forward to the ones further into development where the DF staff will perhaps be advising on specific issues that have arisen or they can see coming.

One more suggestion re the camera set-up: @Cheeseness have you got a mute button you can use when you cough? Don't know if you're aware but it was cutting back to you just for that, which is very funny but perhaps not what you want!

8 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

One more suggestion re the camera set-up: @Cheeseness have you got a mute button you can use when you cough? Don't know if you're aware but it was cutting back to you just for that, which is very funny but perhaps not what you want!

Yep, still tidying up some of these presentation issues (yesterday's was stuck on me for the first half of the stream >_< ). We'll get there!

Looks like we might be running a little late today! Bear with us ^_^

Thanks so much to @DFCamdensound for sharing his perspectives and feedback! Another great stream (fleeting audio issues aside) :D

That was great, really cool to hear specific tech advice coming from the experts for our community devs.

We'll be going live with Jeremy Mitchell in 5 - 10 minutes.

Thanks to jctwood for helping wrangle questions!

A very big thank you to @Jeremy Mitchell for giving up a piece of his afternoon to share with us! There were some great thoughts there on (among others) being conscious of your role within a team :D

Unfortunately, we might need to skip today's mentor session as James is unwell. Send him get-well-soon thoughts!

oh no that's unfortunate. But at least it'll give me time to get my new level in game to get feedback on

Hope he gets well soon