Cheeseness

Introduce yourself!

Pongball's development model is structured in a way that allows people to work on the game without knowing who their fellow contributors are. That's no reason for us to not all get to know each other though!

Introduce yourself, share what excites you about Pongball, and if you're planning to work on something, what you're hoping to contribute! If you use a different username on IRC or GitHub, it wouldn't hurt to share those so that you're easier to recognise.

To break the ice, my name is Cheese (Cheeseness in most places, ValiantCheese where that's not available). I'm a solo indie game dev working on a bunch of weird and whacky projects (last month I made a VR game where you play as a chicken, attach Vive controllers to your feet to scratch the ground for worms, and peck at them with a big beak attached to your face). I'm also a volunteer moderator here on the Double Fine forums, and I worked on the Linux port of Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

Last Amnesia Fortnight, I coordinated Bad Golf: Community Edition's development and we had a great time. I'm looking forward to Pongball being just as much fun!

I'm not expecting to have much time for actual development (mostly I'll be doing coordination and running the mentor sessions), but I might jump in and contribute a few code commits here and there :)

Hi, I'm EMarley after Elaine Marley. I've done a bit of Unity programming and I'm keen to practise some more, although I hardly know where to start. I like physics and fiction. I'm the the UK timezone.

Hi all, like EMarley above I'm also from Blighty. I have worked in the UK games industry in various roles. For this I'll be mainly working on art, possibly animation and some deisgn if required but it comes down to how much free time I'll have to spare and how much i'd can contribute. You can catch me on most places under the username foofly. 

Edited by foofly

Hello Everyone!

My name is Luis, but I mostly go by Nes online. I've worked in games for a few years now and have contributed to projects as a Unity Programmer and Gameplay Designer. Definitely looking forward to working with you all on Pongball. I'm on the east coast of the US so I'm hoping to have a lot of overlap schedule wise with a lot of you. I'm currently working on Blubber Busters with a bunch of really cool people and can hopefully shanghai one or two to contribute to the Community Amnesia Fortnight.

Hi everybody, my name's Paul. I'm currently working on a Vive experience called Musical Migration. I specialize in game design and producing, but find myself programming odds and ends when needed. With my film background, I also dabble with and have a healthy appreciation for the dark arts of sound design.

I don't have much availability except for Tuesdays/Wednesdays morning/afternoons, so I'm a bit bummed our project doesn't start until 6pm my time. I hope to figure out some way I can contribute more before and at the very least I'll be back for more next Tues/Wed. I look forward to working with you all! :)

Hi all, excited to be a part of this! My name's James and I live in Dundee, Scotland. Have a few years experience programming and really enjoy working in Unity. I also dabble in art so might try and jam out some small assets at some point. Really hoping to be around for most of the jam but with my final year university dissertation due in a couple of weeks might have to focus on that toward the end. Look forward to collaborating with you all! I'm over at twitter @jctwood and itch at jctwood.itch.io.

Edited by jctwood

Hello everyone, my name is Kjell, I live in Sweden.

I usually spend my days implementing user interfaces for desktop and web applications. Music, programming and 2D/3D graphics (how vague) are probably my main hobbies, and game development is something that lets me do some or all of those things. I participate in Ludum Dare somewhat regularly.

Hi friends,

My name is Kyle. I'm from Northern California (about 3hrs away from DF HQ) and I'm finishing up my Bachelors in Recording Arts. I'm primarily a sound designer(foley, dialogue, mixing, etc.) and composer/arranger but I also love doing design and management/production stuff where needed. I've worked on quite a few jams and student projects and that kind of stuff. I do the Twitter @KyleTheWynner and have this rad website (http://www.kylewynnsound.com) where you can see what I've worked on in the past. I'm also actively job hunting as well so if you get a lead, hook ya boy up. I'm super excited to work with you all on this. Let's make an awesome game!

Edited by kyle3wynn

Hey folks, fellows, fairies, gentleman, gentlewomen, knaves, knight, nerdowells, princes, paupers, queens and kings...

I'm Reid Harris Cooper.  I tend to use my full name... its also my nick name.  It's a thing that started back in elementary and every time I try to escape it, someone brings it back, so i just chose to adopt it.  

I unfortunately, sadly have no programming experience, but I am good at conceptualization, graphics, music, organization, brainstorming, testing and the lot.  

You can find me on twitter if you like @reidhcooper and I have a website at http://popculturespectrum.com that has some reviews and the such.

Hi everyone! 

My name is Kieran, I live in the UK near London.

I studied 3D animation at University and can have skills in 3D modelling, texturing, rigging, animating. However, I have never worked with a game engine until 2 nights ago, but I am very interested in creating animation for games. I have a curious feeling that I might really enjoy coding/scripting, so I would like to get the chance to learn more about that on this project.

Let's do this!

Hi everyone!  I'm Jenni, from New York in the USA.

I participated in Bad Golf last Amnesia Fortnight, making music and concept art.  I've developed quite a few more skills since then, as I can now do 3D art and I'm now accustomed to Unity programming. I make games in my spare time - most of them are up at jennibee.itch.io if you'd like to check them out. :)

I'm also running the side project for another game during the Amnesia Fortnight (The Lost Dev Team), but I'm still hoping to contribute more to Pongball than I did with Bad Golf. :D 

1 hour ago, Jenni said:

Hi everyone!  I'm Jenni, from New York in the USA.

I participated in Bad Golf last Amnesia Fortnight, making music and concept art.  I've developed quite a few more skills since then, as I can now do 3D art and I'm now accustomed to Unity programming. I make games in my spare time - most of them are up at jennibee.itch.io if you'd like to check them out. :)

I'm also running the side project for another game during the Amnesia Fortnight (The Lost Dev Team), but I'm still hoping to contribute more to Pongball than I did with Bad Golf. :D 

Let me know if you need any help with sound stuff for The Lost Dev Team. I'd love to help. 

4 minutes ago, kyle3wynn said:

Let me know if you need any help with sound stuff for The Lost Dev Team. I'd love to help. 

Any help would definitely be appreciated, once the AF period starts. :)  I'm also testing the waters to see if anyone's still interested in doing Amnesia Adventure.  I've updated the pitch thread to gauge interest - so if anyone's still interested in helping out on that too, please let me know in that thread.  I'd love to manage both The Lost Dev Team and Amnesia Adventure if there's enough interest. :D

Hi everyone! My name is Pablo, I go as "kednar" online. I'm native from Spain and just finished an MA on Game Development and Research at the Cologne Game Lab. I'm also a freelance game artist and animator, mostly 3D stuff! here's some of it: kednar.com

I got some free days ahead and I'm looking forward collaborating and having fun with you all! I'll pay attention to the conversation and contribute with assets and animations (feel free to ask me to animate your assets too!). I'm located in Cologne atm (UTC+2).

I'm also really excited for the collaborative nature of this project. It's the first libre project I participate in, and I love all Free Software stuff! :D

Let's do this! Hugs!

Hi, I'm Dan. I go by 'corruptbiggins' pretty much everywhere on the internet, though on some places like GitHub I use 'danstokoe'. I'm UK based, in London, and a current MA student (Digital Games: Theory & Design) which is taking up most of my time but I would like to try and collaborate on something - programming is my focus, and I would like to help in that capacity as much as I can. You can check out some of the stuff I've done on my masters course at danstokoe.itch.io if anyone is curious.

I'm excited to try and be involved in a collaborative project like this as most of my game design experience has been in single player mode and that will need to change if I want to make it in the development world.

I should also mention that I have a bit of experience in using Unity and am fairly comfortable in coding in C#, some of my previous work is on my GitHub page (https://github.com/danstokoe).

Edited by CorruptBiggins

8 hours ago, jctwood said:

Hi all, excited to be a part of this! My name's James and I live in Dundee, Scotland. Have a few years experience programming and really enjoy working in Unity. I also dabble in art so might try and jam out some small assets at some point. Really hoping to be around for most of the jam but with my final year university dissertation due in a couple of weeks might have to focus on that toward the end. Look forward to collaborating with you all! I'm over at twitter @jctwood and itch at jctwood.itch.io.

James! 

Luis! This is so amazing. Haha

14 hours ago, kednar said:

I'm also really excited for the collaborative nature of this project. It's the first libre project I participate in, and I love all Free Software stuff! :D

We'll make sure this isn't the last! Looking forward to working with you :D

Hello. Rob here. I go by rheberling or RobHeb around the internet. I don't have many skills to lend for this project but I downloaded Unity last night and, if nothing else, am enjoying lurking around while you all make a great game. I'd be happy to play test if you need it and may try to learn a thing or two during the next couple weeks. I live and work in Seattle in the US and am a big fan of the games industry (mostly sparked by the DFA documentary). Who knows, maybe after this I will be ready for a career change. 

Hello. My name is Stewart Martin, but I often go by Fragmental or FragmentalStew online (@stewartjmartin on twitter).  I've been working with Unity since about 2013, mostly doing programming, but I would still consider myself a novice programmer at best.  I did some work with  3d creation software for my Bachelor's Degree, including Maya and 3dsMax as well as some art and writing.  And some video examples of some of my work can be found here 

some information from what I have been working on most recently can be found here http://www.productivegaming.com/

I live in Arkansas in the United States, in the Central Daylight Time Zone.

Hi folks,

I know I'm a bit late but I've got some time tonight and a lot of experience with unity (7 years now O.o) so I thought I'd offer my hand at finishing up the project and continuing afterwards (if that's the plan).

If there's any art assets I can make up or anything pressing, let me know.

I don't have a specific art page yet but I've done art as well as design and development for most of the games in my portfolio below, far too many of them in unity xD.

http://mythalore.com

I've also done a logo for Amnesia Adventure and I'm up for helping with branding for PongBall as well if needed. :)

Title_v2.thumb.png.2ee215359d761f81046ee51745663fb3.png.1ea5833d9f8aacb46be8e03dcb5ce6ec.png

Edited by Mythalore