kurashu

Art of the Title - Full Throttle Intro

Heya guys! 

Was reading through the article on the Full Throttle intro on Art of the Title website (great site by the way!) and noticed that they posted the REMASTERED intro there.

Sorry if this was already posted, but didn't see it around here.

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/full-throttle/

Edit: (The remastered Intro is at the bottom of the article)

Edited by kurashu

Scroll down, it's there ;) Just watched it for now, gonna read the whole piece later. Nice find!

So that confirms a few of the uncertainties:

- The Gone Jackals music stems seem to be available in high quality, otherwise the beginning of "Legacy" without lyrics wouldn't be there.

- Cloned bikers be gone

- Bens fingers on the bike handle = fixed

Edited by Laserschwert

6 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Doesn't look remastered to me.

Yeah! Sorry, didn't specify. These articles usually show the original opening/intro (usually movies) and then sometimes have interviews with the creators. If you go to say Seven (Brad Pitt/Morgan Freeman) you'll see a bunch of sketches and drawings and the whole story about how it came about.

So the remastered intro is down the article as Laserschwert said.

Ah found it! Yes, it's so nice to hear LA's remixed audio stems in high quality! That alone makes me excited to play again!

Sadly Ben's cigar disappears in the wide shots that show his face during the credits.

Ok, first things first. It looks and sounds 100 times than the original. Of course. It's LUSH. I love it.

Now that's out of the way, let the nitpicking commence:

They're still using that teal mountain range, instead of the colours from the original. Interesting.

There's some odd sound glitches where the car noise drops out just before Ben and his crew turn up.

Ben's motorcycle suddenly goes black for a second while he's riding off into the distance.

Finally, the new font looks little messed up. The kerning, especially on the spaces, is very weird. The original typography was great. If I could change one thing, I actually think it might be this.

Edited by ThunderPeel

You mean "cuts out" right when his bike jumps on top of the car? I think that's for cinematic effect. The sound and everything cuts out just as the guitar blares in. I think it works very well.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

OH! Here's something. Did anyone ever watch that official video of Tim playing Full Throttle? He mentioned during the opening credits how he didn't like the abrupt ending transition to Legacy. The transition occurs at 4:07 in the remastered video. The screeching guitar that opens the last part of the song is absent which leaves only the drums. It's a simple and quick change, but it definitely improves the transition needed to reach the end.

Interesting stuff about which bits are video or in-engine, too. Glad to see they kept that little camera move!