Cheeseness

Concept Art

Share, discuss and collaborate on any concept art for Amnesia Adventure that you'd like to share! If you're sharing something you didn't make, be sure to credit the artist!

Below are concept pieces from @lightsoda @TimeGentleman @Bidiot Bales and @Cheeseness that appear in the Amnesia Adventure pitch video

1cBHhOg.thumb.png.57b08cf6fa0530923de5d304ecfc84b6.png70s_cop_scene.thumb.png.d704fb309f08d8c8398c16dfe41015e9.pnggVB31M2.thumb.png.d3481961729c62bb59662370ef72918d.pnglightsoda.thumb.png.1b4ac17d2a66600e25ce1b414b42060e.pngoOw5UDN.thumb.png.697f6ea24c67560c08647f8721bc1909.pngRGKXFmX.thumb.png.cecb4b479c714b94bfd529485798a358.png

Copypaste from Brainstorming thread:

Here's an idea for a memory: lost in space!! The adventurer has to recover the "master screw" that has floated off to space. Players control him/her with RCS (little suit-rockets), which makes for a challenging screw chase!

Once back in the capsule, the screw serves to something fun or cute. Like holding the portrait of a beloved into the walls (aww), or putting it back on the space toilet! :D

spaceadventure.thumb.jpeg.fd2f2694cfeff3ebdd613d030421a698.jpeg

Nice, Kednar :)

Here's the quick placeholder logo that I put together for the forum thumbnail. I wanted to do something that reflected the range of diverse styles that Amnesia Adventure is hopefully going to explore!

placeholder_logo.thumb.png.b3a30233b911cc9236be7dea38829816.png

Oh these are awesome!  Both the art and the logo concept.  Really love what you did @kednar

Logo reminds me of my currently unpaid other than perks journalism  logo, which I stole the idea for from CLERKS.

@Cheeseness, are these letters from different adventure games or just a sketch?  Mainly cause it's inspiring and I personally didn't do the final on this logo I posted, just the original sketch which someone who understand Flash flatted out (unfortunately when I tried to save his life in exchange he took advantage, but that's another story).  

Just some brainstorming of where we could go to take a pretty good placeholder into a real thing...

pcsweb.png

1 minute ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

@Cheeseness, are these letters from different adventure games or just a sketch?

It was hastily slapped together from whatever looked good out of the fonts I had installed on my machine at the time. Definitely no ties to actual games or contributions.

If I were to pursue that sort of style with the aim of it being more than a placeholder, I'd wait till we were farther into development and explore having each letter occupy a square that was a screenshot of a different scene (and having the type reflect something about that scene's character). That said, I dig that it's monochromatic and leaves a lot to the imagination.

I've started a memory based on my adventure game Doug's Moai Adventure. :D

doug.thumb.png.50f07055b08f76626202e34825b2ba88.png

Hi everyone! @Jenni Doug is gonna be lovely :D

I gave it a try and made a concept for the adventurer in space. I was planning to do cut-out animation, but it will be a sprite as specified in de design notes :)

I'm thinking on which kind of puzzle... and just thought of this:

She's hanging in space, tied to a soyuz capsule (note the russian space suit hihihi) in the distance. There is some debree around that she has to collect in order to reach the screw.

This involves the same interaction as in another scene, right? Moving around and clicking on objects to pick up. Combine those items to create a long hook, and use the hook to reach the screw. What do you think?

scene_space_kednar.thumb.png.584f2a0843bec6cb12ea84c696c6cd28.png

Edited by kednar
uploaded a more complete picture

I've got a first draft of a title finished, I'd love some feedback on it.

I took @Cheeseness's idea and multiple fonts

On 17/04/2017 at 4:06 AM, Cheeseness said:

explore having each letter occupy a square that was a screenshot of a different scene

and @WavingPeople's different blocks for each letter concept and sort of ran with it.

Apologies if I'm stepping on anyone's toes here, I'm really not used to this kind of open development project. xD

I'm also quite worried about the copyright for all the fonts in use so I'll have a look into that tomorrow and maybe change some out, but now it's super late for me so I'm going to bed.

Title_v1_Mock.thumb.png.70baa4bc6dcd9186b642346a37c8d397.png

Edited by Mythalore

@Mythalore - Nice!  Sorry I didn't respond to your idea earler - but I really like the idea of the adventurer looking in on the room as part of the main menu.  Don't feel like you are stepping on anyone's toes - this project is open ended to make sure that anyone can contribute whatever they want. :)

We have an in-game menu, so once your menu concept is finished, we can put both your logo and the one made by @Cheeseness in the game. :)

The Only thing that stands out to me in that logo is the black font on adventure, as the two colors don't mesh well with the Amnesia part of the logo - maybe use a lighter color for the "Adventure"?

1 hour ago, kednar said:

Why don't we all make a letter?

Ooh.  I like that idea. :D

That's a fun idea. :) Or maybe a few letters each, since there aren't so many of us collaborating on this at the moment. If we get more people joining in after AF, we can swap some out then. Or maybe have each letter be separate assets so that we can randomize the title screen (in the long run). Could be fun if the title screen changed slightly between each time you start the game.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, if you all want to draw up a letter (background and choose a font) and send it over I can incorporate it into the logo. :)

I can also do different arrangements that we can just swap between as one image, so we don't have to keep track of each letter in engine.

I've had a crack at bringing out the "Adventure" a bit more, I've also started with some buttons as well.

Title_v2_Mock.thumb.png.34dd24b86fd4ad7f848629eb90784819.png

@Jenni One thing, you mentioned incorporating @Cheeseness's logo, I was wondering how you're thinking of doing that?

I was under the impression it was a placeholder thing, although it could work well as an interstitial loading screen.

I do really like that I'm getting a sort of uneasy, mysterious feeling from it; plays well with the uncertainty of the memories.

Edited by Mythalore

5 hours ago, Mythalore said:

@Jenni One thing, you mentioned incorporating @Cheeseness's logo, I was wondering how you're thinking of doing that?

I was under the impression it was a placeholder thing, although it could work well as an interstitial loading screen.

I do really like that I'm getting a sort of uneasy, mysterious feeling from it; plays well with the uncertainty of the memories.

There are actually two menus in the game - the menu that starts the game (which currently uses the logo by Cheeseness) and the in-game menu (which is currently logoless).  I can easily incorporate your main menu, and move the logo by cheeseness to the in-game menu (it will be nice to have buttons that fit the menu as well, as currently they're just boring grey placeholders). ;)

Oh, and I really like the gold adventure - it really works with the color scheme now. :D

@Jenni Ah so like a separate configuration/settings menu at the start and then the main menu with the wall of adventure?

Because I'm working on the latter at the moment, could @Cheeseness's menu suit the other configuration/settings menu (if that's what it is xD)?

I plugged the menu by @Mythalore into the engine (using the concept hub by @TimeGentleman as the background) :)

(currently Credits and Options aren't clickable, as they wouldn't lead to anything yet)

screenie.png.fb808940aa94580258516ddddb429171.png

@Mythalore: When you create the Hall of Adventure, could you do it as a separate image, so that each element of the menu can be swapped in and out as need be? :)

@Jenni well I was thinking of just doing the background as a whole image and leaving room for separate mementos taken from each scene

@Jenni Oh and yeah those main menu buttons and the title will all be separated once I've had another pass of them, I just happened to be working in that file at the time. :)

Edited by Mythalore

17 hours ago, Jenni said:

I plugged the menu by @Mythalore into the engine (using the concept hub by @TimeGentleman as the background) :)

I'm feeling like it'd be better for the main menu to not use the hub background image (especially when we've got some pretty good concept art to use as a base!)

10 hours ago, Cheeseness said:

I'm feeling like it'd be better for the main menu to not use the hub background image (especially when we've got some pretty good concept art to use as a base!)

Ooh, you gave me an idea.  I've been working out how to load random resources in Godot in The Lost Dev Team now that I switched development of that from Unity (to make it easier for me to develop both games simultaneously).  I'll see if I can get the scene to load a random concept art image behind the menu. :D

The concept piece that WavingPeople put together was structured around having the letters map to the kind of positions/presentations that mementos would have on the wall. I think that WavingPeople's concept (or something that builds on it) is worth sticking with with the stuff that Mythalore's been doing.

1 hour ago, Cheeseness said:

The concept piece that WavingPeople put together was structured around having the letters map to the kind of positions/presentations that mementos would have on the wall. I think that WavingPeople's concept (or something that builds on it) is worth sticking with with the stuff that Mythalore's been doing.

Aye - I tried my concept art idea - and it didn't work out too well since the concept art is hidden behind the logo.  But, yeah - I was originally intending with going with the trophy room once Mythalore got it finished up - the hub is really just a placeholder for now.

Oh, and I adapted your credits system from Tiny Chopper Raceway to work with this - so all of the buttons work on the menu now. :D

3 hours ago, Jenni said:

Aye - I tried my concept art idea - and it didn't work out too well since the concept art is hidden behind the logo.  But, yeah - I was originally intending with going with the trophy room once Mythalore got it finished up - the hub is really just a placeholder for now.

Oh, and I adapted your credits system from Tiny Chopper Raceway to work with this - so all of the buttons work on the menu now. :D

Ah, cool cool.

This is how we're handling credits stuff in Pongball (makes sense to combined generated lists of GitHub contributors from the main and assets repos with an extra file containing additional details and names of contributors who haven't directly committed anything to the repositories)

I took another try at the idea of incorporating the awesome concept art into the menu, while still maintaining the menu design by @WavingPeople and @Mythalore:

menu-mockup.png.56a16c21d32b3d1a777c16f5356acb86.png

I actually rather like the way it came out. :) This way we can incorporate the trophy room design once Mythalore is finished with it, as well as some of the other concept art pieces (since the background is separate from all of the other elements).

I'm really a fan of the design/layout of WavingPeople's original sketch and I think it worked well behind Mythalore's work as a placeholder in terms of providing valuable direction for future contributions. I'm sad to see it go.

I think I'm happy with this character style, allows for more absurd setting I think! Any thoughts?

character_2pass.thumb.jpeg.5a5c025c6f0c4bfaf0443be516d7222c.jpeg