i thought it would be cool to have a thread for sharing recipes -- i love to cook and am always looking to try new things.

i don't eat meat, but if you do and want to incorporate it into either of these recipes, i'm sure chicken or pork would work great.

this ramen recipe is one of my favorites. if you make a batch of the soup base (which is miso, spices and some other stuff) you can freeze that and have it on hand for whenever. this is like a special occasion dish at my house.

http://pinchofyum.com/homemade-spicy-ramen-with-tofu

i live enchiladas, and i use this recipe pretty much every time i make them. tbh, i skip making the sauce from scratch because the 15oz enchilada sauce cans are quicker and i like the way they taste anyways. they are very filling.

http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/07/black-bean-avocado-enchiladas.html?m=1

what do y'all like to cook? 

*reads this thread while standing in line at chipotle*

Ah, so that's where food comes from. I see...

i read the title of this thread and immediately thought of making another thread called "dfaf in the bedroom" in which i would post a link to the bad dragon website

but then i was like

no

i am too old for this

i am a mature gentleman 

3 hours ago, hot said:

i read the title of this thread and immediately thought of making another thread called "dfaf in the bedroom" in which i would post a link to the bad dragon website

but then i was like

no

i am too old for this

i am a mature gentleman 

You are a mature gentleman. That's why you would have realized it should be a link to Date Ariane.

*edit*

Dammit! Hot is tricking me into derailing this thread!

LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD. I pretty much only eat it, though. I'm not very good at cooking it.

Hamburgers? Steamed vegetables? Buncha stuffed tossed in a bowl with rice with sauce poured on it? Those are my skills.

If anyone is a really good cook and is looking for a lifelong burden, I am accepting marriage applications.

I know how to make a decent barbecue sauce. Water, butter, ketchup, salt, pepper, chopped onions, beef stock and cerveza. Granted, this I should a sauce for smoked meat, the kind you stick in the smoker beside the meat.

Ganache is easy to make. You will need:

-Some good quality dark chocolate, in small pieces.

-Heavy cream

-2 microwave safe, heat resistant bowels that fit inside each other.

-A spoon.

Chocolate:Cream ratios by use:

-Ganache candies = 2:1

-Ganache for coating stuff 1:1

-Ganache frosting= 1:2

Heat cream in microwave safe bowl (30 second bursts +stirring) until hot. Dump chocolate into hot cream, stir.

Add a little hot water to the bottom of the big bowl. Place small bowl inside big bowl, but do not get water inside the small bowl. Stir ganache until homogeneous.

Edit: 4oz of chocolate and 4oz of cream makes 1 cup of ganache. That's a lot of ganache!

oooh, i love seeing recipes for homemade sauces. 

and feddlefew, wow! i love baking, i can't wait to try ganache on a cake. 

i sound like a huge weenie but i totally appreciate you guys sharing. i love food and making food. 

Senior year of high school me and thirty other seniors threw a party and a few guys brought homemade Twinkies soaked in Captain Morgan.

Wasn't too bad.

Day of that party I had been slaving away at my meat smoker prepping three eight pound briskets. Brisket cooks an hour per pound. But it was worth it. Also did some beer can chicken, bacon wrapped andouille and chuck beef ribs.

Edited by Noname215

I think dry rubs have their place, but most people make theirs too strong. A good rub should complement and enhance the meat's natural flavor, not cover it up.

Salt, pepper, paprika, dark brown sugar, and a little cumin is what I use on ribs.

Edit: I prefer the final texture of dry cooked ribs to wet cooked ones. They get nice crust of Maillard's goodness that way.

Rub salt, pepper, garlic, marinade in olive oil for steak(I prefer my steak on the medium well side, so marinading is a must).

Salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic, paprika for ribs.

Simple Salt and pepper for skinless chicken breasts.

Olive oil, touch of butter and minced garlic for skinless chicken breasts.

Edited by Noname215

1 tbsp olive oil

1 head of garlic

4-5 skin on, bone in chicken thighs

salt

pepper

3-4 large sprigs of fresh thyme and/or savory

1-2 cups of dry white wine

Trim excess skin and fat, then liberally salt, and pepper the chicken thighs. Set aside.

Peel 1 head of garlic. Place whole cloves into a bowl and set aside.

In a heavy pan with a lid, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. DO NOT USE EXTRA VIRGIN. Heat until the oil begins to shimmer and smoke. Add chicken thighs skin side down and brown, (do not cover the pan). It's okay to move them around, as long as they don't stick. When the skin is nice and crispy, flip the chicken thighs and brown. You may need to work in batches.

Remove browned chicken from pan.

Add all pealed garlic cloves. Fry in hot rendered chicken fat until browned, then add white wine.

Return chicken to pan, add herb sprigs. Lower to a simmer and leave covered for 40minutes.