Double Fine Action Forums
Schmatz

Graphics Card Requirements?

Hey everyone,

My buddy that I played this game with in elementary school wants to play, but currently doesn't have a laptop to do so.  I see tons of laptops out there and I see the requirements on GOG and Steam, but I wanted to see everyone else's experiences.

Has anyone tried this on a laptop that's a few years old?  Like the requirements say Intel HD 4000 Graphics or equivalent, but I want to make sure the game actually runs fine at that power or if its virtually unplayable.  It's not an issue to find a ~$300 laptop that matches the processor and RAM requirements, but the graphics are making me nervous.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi Schmatz,

We've done compatibility testing, and we're pretty confident that any system that meets the minimum requirements should run the game just fine on 1080p. With the caveat of the system not being bogged down with other system resources, or bloated software, of course.

If for some reason it does not, there are graphics settings in the options menu to turn down the game's texture size.

Thanks Tony!  I am going to test on my older laptop to confirm, but I'm hoping it'll run just fine on the integrated Intel HD 4000, even if I have to lower the settings.  I'll let you know once I give it a shot!