Double Fine Action Forums
Gavin Carter

Day Five Update - Now with more lava!

Quick update today! Here's a gif so you can look at where things stand with the level.

ezgif-1-ada2fbe10f.gif.dcfe3696eda5d0c6811699f6171077eb.gif

Some changes from the last time we showed it, right? So Tyson, our FX artist, is experimenting with a lava layer on the bottom. The idea is that the game will be taking place at the summit of a volcano, and the lava provides the raw energy used for cooking. Here you can see some progress on blocking in the various ingredient stations, including green onion stalks, a log of fish cake in the dark steamer across the way, and some eggs hanging out in their spa bath.

You can also see the timer up top, just a quick first pass of the game loop that got in last night. We're continuing to push in both art and game functionality. It will be a challenge to get everything looking as good as the concepts, and get all the functionality in as well. But heading into the back half of Amnesia Fortnight, we're confident that we'll end up with a pretty fun prototype at the end.

And you have rails that we can slide across. This all looks amazing. Great stuff, keep it up, team! :D

Wowser woaw wowee...

I don't know what the plot of Psychonauts 2 is completely, but this is starting to look like it could be someone's brainspace in it.

Then again I want the version of Gods where it's a 2D Burger Time esque/where you're hunting down ingredients.  Having it maybe be a bit like Adult Swim Games' Bring Me Sandwiches in that section.  

That's the future though.  Keep making this lovely looking prototype that looks like it will be very fun.