Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devin Kelly-Sneed

Day 5

Today marks the halfway point of Amnesia Fortnight. We had a review meeting this afternoon to look at the current state of the project and figure out what the major remaining work is. Spoilers: it's a lot of work. But here are some fun pictures of things that have happened in the last 24 hours.

Here's what happened when we swapped to a base creature model without any attached features

huge.gif.a63b8a902092ee6de907a3c021751cd0.gif

Here are the fancy new features in our simulation tool level showing detailed info on their traits

gettingthere.gif.8ad51a0587b02d2d17cfa9e2cd26f854.gif

Here's what happen when you scale down a base creature body, but leave the attachments big (totally adorable!)

pasted_image_at_2017_04_18_04_19_pm.png.df643c2ba8d28969536afe82527ea933.png

Here are some concepts of possible attachments for showing off different stages of creature traits

screen_shot_2017-04-18_at_5_37.11_pm.thumb.png.2256f9a118493603c2ea2e55c3621279.png

And finally, a screenshot showing the current state of the game. This is just a small test area, we haven't populated a full world yet. New art for plants, rocks, ship, ground, creatures, player character. Ground is going to have a more alien color to it eventually.

Screenshot.thumb.PNG.97511e84965fc573a028bfdd4ef393de.PNG

I love the attachments concepts. Especially Durability L3, the turtle helm is adorable. :D

Great stuff so far, this should be a very interesting alien world to explore. Keep on rocking, team! :D

The way these ideas are developing at the rate they are, all this stuff is either being dumped into Psychonauts 2 OR... we forget about P2 and make bigger prototypes.

I vote both?  Wait... no... um... I don't know.  I like turtles.

I actually like the neutral ground color. Would make creatures and other interactive beings more readable by being less saturated and more boring.
Looking great, I hope you folks can squeeze some animation into it, will look even better then.

Sign in to follow this