Sign in to follow this  
aofer

Possible bug with the ramp?

Hey, I'm playing full throttle for the first time (for some reason I missed this game when I was a kid)

Anyway I'm trying to get the ramp from the cavefish hideout.

First time they chased me so I had to go back and get it again, when I pushed to to the bike I forgot to hook it and I level the ramp screen without it.

Now every time I try to go to the screen Ben says "I really gotta get out of here" or " I don't spelunk" when I'm off the motor cycle.

I checked a walkthrough, I know what needs to be done but why can't I go back to the ramp screen? is that a bug in the game?

I don't want to restart the entire game.

Thanks,

Amit

I ran into this bug too and I had to reload a save from earlier.

I was just trying to see if the Cavefish said anything if you just moved the ramp but didn't take it. You can't go back to where the ramp is either on or off your bike. If you leave to the Mine Rd. or even to the main highway with the bridge and everything and come back, you still can't reenter the part of the cave with the ramp.

I definitely think it's been introduced into the new version as I don't remember this bug. Then again I may have never tried just moving the Cavefish ramp and leaving.

ok good so I'm not the only one.

Any chance for a response from double fine? is it going to be fixed soon?

I don't have an earlier save.

Thanks

Hey I heard of someone else who ran into this bug on the Idlethumbs forums and they said they were able to get back to the ramp by waiting on a full run through of the Mine Road all the way back to the Cavefish entrance. Give that a shot maybe?

I myself did try that and going back to the major highway, however I skipped all of the driving parts constantly until I made it back to the lair, so maybe that nullified my attempts to get past the bug.

Hi,

Please email us your save file to support@doublefine.com

We know that it is intended that you can't return to the ramp room if you forget to hook it. The reasoning is that the cavefish dudes are alerted and you can't go back. But if you can't re-enter the ramp room even after leaving the cavefish and returning, then that may be something for us to look into.

Thanks, I sent you the save files.

Hope it will be solved soon.

Edited by aofer