Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saoirse

Have you ever dreamed of Double Fine?

This is not a lie: last night I had a dream about Tim Schafer. I dreamt that I went around to his house to hang out, and we hugged loads but in a purely platonic way, and we took lots of photos to put on our facebooks, and it was the best ever. Then I asked him if I could be his daughter and he said “but you already are. You’re my little baby Schaf!” and it turned into that Sasquatch scene from The Pick Of Destiny. You know… where sasquatch and JB fly through the sky and sing.

Then I got distracted and dreamed about being by the seaside for a while, and then I somehow ended up back at Tim's house... you know the way you get distracted in dreams... and he said “I should go and get Info Cow, he’d love this stuff!” and I said, “But you are Info Cow…” and he replied, “No I’m not, that’s our intern” and I was left with this sinking feeling that I’ve spent the past 5 years admiring Tim, when I should have been admiring his intern. But by then of course, it was too late – I was already his daughter, and I had a soul patch and it was awesome.

It was the best dream ever.

Once I spent so long playing Monkey Island 2 that I had an entire dream with a GUI along the bottom of my field of vision. I had to click on GUI options and then on items in my dream that I wanted to use. Another time, I spent so long testing a turn-based strategy game at work, that I dreamt in turn-based strategy mode for weeks.

Has anybody else had interesting dreams about the folk of double fine, or related games? Don’t make stuff up either… I can tell when you’re lying (probably).

Man alive, can I ever not wait to NEVER meet you, you creepy little person.

Can you tell if I'm lying about that?

Actually that's quite rude, even if it is true. I'm sorry. I'd delete this post but I can't ever resist the temptation not to use double negatives in a sentence.

No. But that's um, interesting...and that scene in TPoD is possibly the trippiest thing I've ever seen in any movie, ever.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that Tim Schafer and Hilary Clinton had revived the Halo movie as its new producers. Tim also played a bit part as a captain of a human ship, and Hilary had retooled entire plot into a thinly veiled feminist commentary.

Guys, do not pretend that you have never dreamed of Double Fine. Do not make me look like the weirdo here.

When was 15, I dreamt that Tim brought Double Fine to watch my volleyball match at school! Then I hurt my knee and cried and he put a bandage on it for me.

I wish Tim was my daddy.

I swear... DoubleFine had better still be hiring when I graduate from college in 4 years...

or I will be saddened.

I dream of being there :P

Saoirse, I'm slightly afraid of you now. *holds up a cross*

I had a dream once that breifly had Raz, riding the bus with me, and he got off at KFC, but that was it.

I had a dream once that breifly had Raz, riding the bus with me, and he got off at KFC, but that was it.

Guess he's gotta find something to do while waiting for Psychonauts 2, you know.

Guess he's gotta find something to do while waiting for Psychonauts 2, you know.

True, true.

One time I dreamt that I had a wife who had a two-headed baby. This baby went on to lead the pants revolution of 2300 on Europa in which the human race finally did great battle with pants and ridded themselves of them once and for all.

One night, right before I went to bed, I listened to an audio clip of one of Tim's presentations. That night I dreamt about sitting in the audience for one of Tim's presentations.

My dreams aren't very creative.

Yeah, but it was Tim. There had to be bunches of awsomeness in it!

Hey, come on. For an average Jane like me, getting a pass to a gaming show/convention of Tim-making-a-keynote caliber is going to have to remain a dream.

Unless you figure out a way to become Solid Snake and sneak in!

I pop out from my cardboard box... My amazing theme plays, and the audience gasps! I look really awesome and proclaim:

"Shotaimu da!"

That would indeed be fairly epic.I believe that Tim would pull off something epic as well. Like... shoot. purple. lazers. from... eyes.

You know, I've actually had a couple of dreams about Double Fine. (Which I'm sure is creepy on all different kinds of levels for the employees there--unless they're all psychic.)

I forgot the context of one, but I remember Tim was laughing at me. Not in a mean way, but...the laughter was kind of maniacal. I think I asked him a question about his new game. ... ...And then he hit me with a message board. No, not an online one, an actual wooden message board. With tacks in it. And pictures of an evil cat tacked into it that had 80's rock band hair and a painfully bright orange bandanna. Then I woke up.

(This is nothing compared to the dream I had where Alvin and the Chipmunks did interpretive dance in front of the Simpsons....and then they were crushed by a giant oak tree that fell from the sky. Instead of clapping, everyone hit bongos. And then a flaming wheelchair sped across the stage.)

Those sound freakin' awesome! Much better then my lame-o ones. I wish I could remember more of mine. They fade so quickly.

Getting hit in the face with a picture of an evil cat is awesome? Dude, I must be the coolest kid on the block.

Actually, I've kept a dream journal over the past year or so...and I've discovered that my subconscious is full of pure, unadulterated spaz.

I should proabably try that too. It really is amazing what people can come up with in their dreams.

I guess I'm pretty f'ed up then. I think I've only had like one really scary dream that's actually woken me up. All the rest are just nutty and plain weird.

I'm supposed to be keeping a dream journal for english.

This, to me, sounds like an opportunity for an easy and most excellent A.

You know, I've actually had a couple of dreams about Double Fine. (Which I'm sure is creepy on all different kinds of levels for the employees there--unless they're all psychic.)

I forgot the context of one, but I remember Tim was laughing at me. Not in a mean way, but...the laughter was kind of maniacal. I think I asked him a question about his new game. ... ...And then he hit me with a message board. No, not an online one, an actual wooden message board. With tacks in it. And pictures of an evil cat tacked into it that had 80's rock band hair and a painfully bright orange bandanna. Then I woke up.

(This is nothing compared to the dream I had where Alvin and the Chipmunks did interpretive dance in front of the Simpsons....and then they were crushed by a giant oak tree that fell from the sky. Instead of clapping, everyone hit bongos. And then a flaming wheelchair sped across the stage.)

I would love to have dreams like that all the time. For me, my dreams are eather like that or nothing at all.

I had one where I was part of a board game, searching for who stole the worlds faries, but then some fat guy burst out of a gingerbread house and chased me and a couple friends all while it trasformed into Dr. Phil's head, yelling at us. We escaped by hoping onto a hang glider and sailing away, but not before smashing it through a billboard about hamburgers.

Sign in to follow this