Spaff

Steam key issues - RESOLVED!

Recommended Posts

Hi guys. 

As some of you have probably noticed, the steam keys for the AF bundle are currently borked. This is due to them being configured in a nonstandard way, and we're working with Valve to resolve the issue, hopefully we'll have some news on this soon.

Please do not use your steam code if you have yet to do so! 

You may still play the games using the DRM free versions in the mean time, so at least there's that! 

OK - i'll update you as soon as we have some news! Sorry about this!!

 

This is now resolved! Steam keys will work as normal and anyone who used them previously should see the games appear in their steam Libraries!

This also means that Kiln is finally playable online!

If you want more friends to join the fun, you can point them to this steam page where they can buy the AF prototype bundle

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631780

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if you're one of the ones, like me, that used them as soon as they got them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rowbot said:

What happens if you're one of the ones, like me, that used them as soon as they got them?

Yeah, if this doesn't work out I might need a new key for Kiln...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PaulloDEC said:

Yeah, if this doesn't work out I might need a new key for Kiln...

Yeah, as soon as I saw them added to my Humble Bundle page, I immediately added them to Steam... so... I'd need a new one for all of them if that's the only fix :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, used codes as soon as I received them. Would love a PM or something once this is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ditto, rather than a post here on the board, a general mail to everyone would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, used them all. They got activated but I cant find them in my library! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diddo, but i only put in Kiln since that was the game i wanted to play most. Derek has the best ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used keys will function eventually, but we're working with steam to make that sooner rather than later.

Sorry about this, it's a frustrating problem that we're trying to resolve as soon as we can, bleargh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spaff said:

Used keys will function eventually, but we're working with steam to make that sooner rather than later.

Sorry about this, it's a frustrating problem that we're trying to resolve as soon as we can, bleargh.

No worries, you guys have had your hands full it sounds like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you guys make an announcement when they start working. I'd hate to miss out on a Kiln match when everyone's playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just redeemed my keys....couldn't find the games. Googled...eventually came across this thread :(

 

Until Valve gets its shit together, can't you work with Humble to show this message so people don't keep redeeming them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have some updates? I understand it's Valves issue, not yours. But this issue has been going on nearly 2 weeks now, and we aren't getting anything in the form of updates from you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest comminsar said:

Can we have some updates? I understand it's Valves issue, not yours. But this issue has been going on nearly 2 weeks now, and we aren't getting anything in the form of updates from you guys.

Yeah, not to sound rude, but my thoughts exactly. I understand things happen, but this is on the verge of being a bit much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

I'm working with Spaff and the team to get those keys working. It's a real bummer of a situation. The keys are all valid, as Spaff mentioned, but it will take time for them to show in the library. This is due to the way we set up the keys and we will obviously be better prepared if we do this again.

I wish I could specify how much time we're talking about here, but unfortunately that's unclear. It looks like the keys will not be ready this month.

And thanks for your suggestions. We will communicate this in more places so people are aware before they try to redeem a key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vic Romero said:

Hey everyone!

I'm working with Spaff and the team to get those keys working. It's a real bummer of a situation. The keys are all valid, as Spaff mentioned, but it will take time for them to show in the library. This is due to the way we set up the keys and we will obviously be better prepared if we do this again.

I wish I could specify how much time we're talking about here, but unfortunately that's unclear. It looks like the keys will not be ready this month.

And thanks for your suggestions. We will communicate this in more places so people are aware before they try to redeem a key.

Thank you for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 an extra key for multiplayer  prototypes would make up a lot for me :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vic Romero said:

Hey everyone!

I'm working with Spaff and the team to get those keys working. It's a real bummer of a situation. The keys are all valid, as Spaff mentioned, but it will take time for them to show in the library. This is due to the way we set up the keys and we will obviously be better prepared if we do this again.

I wish I could specify how much time we're talking about here, but unfortunately that's unclear. It looks like the keys will not be ready this month.

And thanks for your suggestions. We will communicate this in more places so people are aware before they try to redeem a key.

any chance of keys for dudes who missed the bundle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, let me look into extra MP keys.

Post-AF releases are still being discussed I believe, though nothing certain yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, you may notice Steam keys are hidden in the Humble Bundle library and a message appears indicating that we are working to fix them. This will be updated again when we work this out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now