Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thesinfuldwarf

Demo !!!!!

'We just couldn't wait," Double Fine president Tim Schafer said in a press reelase. "Villagers have surrounded our offices with torches, demanding the game. So we're releasing a demo and hope that this taste of metal will keep the mob at bay until Brütal Legend comes out this Rocktober' Awesome.

I just read this news and I

Jizzed in my pants

Dang it, I was out so you beat me by 7 hours *shakes fist*

But anyway, awesome ^_^

Just in time for my brithday! :D

THIS WILL BE AWESOME.

...except that I don't have a console to play it on. WOE IS ME.

It's like Channukah in September!

Well, actually, it's just a day before Rosh Hashanah, which works even better!

THIS WILL BE AWESOME.

Your birthday's Sept. 17th? That's my dad's birthday.

More like September 24 for us third country hicks who can't get no preorder. :)

THIS WILL BE AWESOME.

Your birthday's Sept. 17th? That's my dad's birthday.

No, It's the 22nd. BUT STILL.

More like September 24 for us third country hicks who can't get no preorder. :)

The pre-order demo comes out on 9/11. The demo for everybody else (including me, GameStop can do something to itself) is out on the 17th.

But, if you have XBL Silver, you probably WILL get it on the 24th.

Are you sure it's only for Gamestop pre-orders?
It's a week early for pre-orders. And I beleive it's only through gamestop. That's how it usually works.

YES!!!! now i've got a 'game release' to look forward to in Sept.

this is so friggin' Sweet!!

originally, i had Major doubts about EA's involvement w/ the game and wasn't planning on buying it new. but between the screens / previews / info thats come out over the past few months, DF (hopefully) ripping the nostrils outta activision w/ their counter-suit, and my Finally coming to realize that DF is a Far Greater GOOD than EA is an "evil", i'd changed my tune and decided i'd be buying Day1. now, a DEMO!?!?!?!? done, done, and done. Two copies for me on Day1; i'll post a pic of my GameCrazy receipt.

to Everyone at DF who worked (is still working?) on the demo, Thank You VERY Much!! from what i've read from other developers, putting a demo together is often a Big decision, as it takes time and people-power (meaning $$$$) away from developing the full game. so for DF to be able to get a demo out for BL.... again, to Everyone responsible, Thank You!! you are ALL now Officially 'The Coolest Person In The History Of The Universe'. and if EA being involved made the demo easier to get done, then they get every bit as much kudos as well.

freakin' Sweet!!

take it easy.

That last person who posted is VERY EXCITED about the announcement of the Brutal Legend DEMO. All I have to say is . . .

Me too!!! \M/

ok, so i said i'd post a pic of my BL x2 receipt, so.... never done any photo sharing so hopefully The Gods Of Metal will be pleased enough that this'll actually work....

BLreceipt.jpg

not looking for praise or 'pats on the back', not looking to prove / demostrate my Psychonauts / Brutal Legend / DoubleFine sychophancy. just want to Really let Everyone at DoubleFine know that i'm a fan who wants the Rare breed of creativity y'all got goin' on to be as successfull as possible (and not just cuz i'd love another Psychonauts game ;) )and i'm tryin' to do as much as i can manage to make that happen.

take it easy.

change the "code" in your post to "img" and it should work as a link. Right now it's just boxed text.

Yes, i am That much of a "posting content to forums" neophyte; least i figured out what 'IMG' means.... and i did it All By Myself!.

anyway, for those that give a ship- there it is.

take it easy.

Why...did you order two? One's a gift, I suppose. Never mind. Why am I asking? Is this important? If one were signed... but that could only be through the DF store and they don't have it, yet. Human behavior is so strange, stranger even than a Björk video. If everyone made perfect sense, we would not even need to communicate with each other, we would just know. What a boring world that would be, if everyone understood exactly why everyone else was doing everything. There would be no games or stories or sport, but also no war or fighting or suffering. Everyone would be on the same page. I suppose that's how it is with ants, pretty much. The only thing they ever communicate is "I found this over there" or "something is attacking us" never "how are you doing" or "you smell nice today." Ants just know. I suppose it would be a lot more relaxing if people did not surprise each other at all. Everything would be expected. We could concentrate more on external problems like resources and weather and space travel and science, things that are mysterious and unexpected. No one would do anything unexpected, such as buying two copies of Brütal Legend. There would be no Brütal Legend. The whole point of a game is to be presented with the unexpected. A world full of people who know what to expect of each other would never even imagine a game. It would be totally unexpected. BURMA!

Why...did you order two? One's a gift, I suppose. Never mind. Why am I asking? Is this important? If one were signed... but that could only be through the DF store and they don't have it, yet. Human behavior is so strange, stranger even than a Björk video. If everyone made perfect sense, we would not even need to communicate with each other, we would just know. What a boring world that would be, if everyone understood exactly why everyone else was doing everything. There would be no games or stories or sport, but also no war or fighting or suffering. Everyone would be on the same page. I suppose that's how it is with ants, pretty much. The only thing they ever communicate is "I found this over there" or "something is attacking us" never "how are you doing" or "you smell nice today." Ants just know. I suppose it would be a lot more relaxing if people did not surprise each other at all. Everything would be expected. We could concentrate more on external problems like resources and weather and space travel and science, things that are mysterious and unexpected. No one would do anything unexpected, such as buying two copies of Brütal Legend. There would be no Brütal Legend. The whole point of a game is to be presented with the unexpected. A world full of people who know what to expect of each other would never even imagine a game. It would be totally unexpected. BURMA!

i know, i know.... i suppose, ultimately, it doesn't make much sense to buy 2 copies Just as a show of support for BL / DF. i just got Really psyched about BL after playing the demo; i Did say i would buy 2 copies and post my receipt. Plus, after being Such A Pill about the EA-as-publisher news in the "condolences" thread i started.... it felt like the right thing to do.

vis-a-vis The Other Copy- i intended to hold on to it for a couple months, then trade it in at my local game shop; that way, i could still get the premium trade-in amount but would've kept at least 1 used copy of the shelves for a couple months anyway. but of course, my preternatural ability to involunarily invoke Murphy's Law struck again and BLAMMO- my local gameshop is closing; won't take in any trades. there Are other gameshops relatively close by, but they're part of the Evil Intergalactic Empire Of Game Stoppings. given my tendency to get hungup on bad experiences w/ companies, that wasn't really an option. so i decided to bring my 2nd copy down to my favorite local crazygame store, toss the game behind the counter, and let the guys / gal who work there fight to the death for it. unfortunately, there was only one guy working when i went in, so i skipped the whole fight-to-the-death thing and just gave it to him. Thankfully, he's a DF fan too (unbeknownst to me) cuz he was Really psyched and grateful for it; he had wanted to get it but couldn't afford it cuz he was losing his job in another week. so, i got a Really cool feeling of gaming brotherhoodnessocity for my 'extra' $60.

probably still doesn't make any sense tho, eh?

take it easy.

Sign in to follow this