Double Fine Action Forums
ihawk

Call me obsessed but....

So over the years I have been a bit impulsive (something that my wife will fully attest to) and despite having almost every gaming platform, PS4 and Windows is not in my kit bag. I fell out of love with windows about 5 years ago and truthfully not missed it as my MacBook is still as good as the day that I brought it. 

Anyway, I've wanted a PS4 for a little while but couldn't quite justify the purchase as I have an Xbox One (which I love) but this game came along and there seemed no light at the end of the tunnel to play it, despite the coming soon to other platforms chat.

I am a nostalgia freak.. and this game is in my top 3 all time favourite point and clicks, so I took the plunge and brought a PS4 on the weekend, and I live in hope that my wife will talk to me again sometime in the next year ;-o

Well I will say it was 100% worth it, I absolutely love this game and the remastered version is spot on, even with some of the old quirks (bike fights etc..) which is what I love, the same but different.

keep doing the good work team ? and thanks for the trip down memory lane

Wow. Did you buy a PS4 simply to play this? You should pick up Grim Fandango Remastered and Day of the Tentacle Remastered, too!

Sadly yes, but not regretted it once. Now I've got 100% trophies too:)

I had GF and DOTT because they were released on other platforms 

:ben:

As someone who hasn't made the leap to the next generation yet, how does the PS4 compare to the XBox One?

Honestly I can't even tell the difference, the only difference really is game choice as they both have their own exclusives. As a casual gamer both are perfect to just pick up and play. PC's always used to be my first choice but as I work on one all day it's the last thing I want to look at when I'm home. 

I hate badly designed interfaces. I love the XBox 360's, but the PS3's is so awful. It's rabbit warren of confusion. 

I've heard the PS4's interface is the same x bar maze, and that the XBox One's interface is beyond ugly.

i guess it doesn't matter when you're playing games, but are the interfaces as bad as each other?

I suppose it depends what you like, personally I didn't like the PS3 menu system, and the PS4 isn't much different. The Xbox one is more of a media centre interface, which I am more used too, that all said, once your in the game it's all the same. Truthfully not got a bad word to say about either platform. Take the leap :D