Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trogdor The Burninator

Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and New Games! OH MY!

You will see what I mean soon

Have you come from the future when tim announceces his new game?

no no no, my team's game revolves around the moon, also towers...

My dream is for Double Fine to be involved in a game based on A Song of Fire & Ice. It would be a complete 180 for Tim creatively, but it would be cool to see. I think some developer in France known for making cycling games is making one. DF needs to take the license, and make a game with playable Dothraki. Valar morghulis.

I'm with wanting a completely new game. I suffer sequelitis, in that I tend to hate the idea of a sequel for games that I enjoyed. Sure, sequels can add stuff to the game, at the risk of tarnishing the first game's/series's grandeur.

In the end, it's more of the same. You're probably doing similar stuff from the first one, and unfortunately most sequels I see don't have that spark of genius that was displayed in the first one.

So yeah, I'd hate to see the ending to Psychonauts carry on into a new game. I like the mystery of what happens to the characters afterwards. That sense of mystery keeps you thinking about the game. It might be better to leave some mysteries unsolved? :>

I think that Double Fine will be spending a great deal of time on expanding the Brütal Legend universe even further :) . Afterall, the BL unsiverse is HUGE.

I remember having read somewhere, that Tim said that he wanted to work on the game for many years...

So, I actually think that BL will be their main interest for one or maybe more years, while slowly developing a new game as a second priority :) .

I like Psychonauts because it is better than my own life and I play as sombody that it would be pretty sweet to be.

See Tim's wish fulfilment idea does work.

Sign in to follow this