Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

What we should all do on Sept. 13 @ 8/7c...

I didn't know they were doing this until I read this week's Entertainment Weekly. They had the writers of the show write goodbyes from the characters. It's pretty funny.

I might transcribe them tommorrow, but my sister took the issue. Then she went to sleep, so I can't get to it right now. Dale's goodbye is my favorite.

I guess my sister left the magazine in the kitchen before she went to bed. Here's the goodbyes.

Hank Hill

Yep, it's been a strange year it felt more like 13 years and 255 adventures. What's really strange is that I just used the phrase “adventures.” Now, let me leave you with a bit of advice: If you've got a steady job, a family to eat dinner with, and friends to drink beer with, you're doing pretty good. If you also happen to live in Texas, you're doing extremely good. In fact, there are only three things you really need to know to have a decent life: “Don't Mess With Texas,” “medium rare,” and “Yes, I am ready for some football.” Also, just because a bathroom door is shut, don't assume it'll be locked if someone's in there. Knock first. Then knock again. Then take a roll of all the people in the house. If everyone in the house is accounted for, turn the knob gently announcing all of this as you go. This should keep anything embarrassing from happening. And if you're the father of a son and you think he ain't right, don't give up on him. He may suprise you. Thanks for watching. We'll see you in reruns!
I'll post the rest later. I'm tired right now.

Peggy Hill

It is important to be well-informed so that you can explain to people why they are wrong. And I have a message for all the young girls out there with size 16 feet: Stand proud, but wear thick sweat socks to make your feet look a little smaller. And you can't judge a woman's beauty by the size of her feet. However, it has proven that foot size is directly related to IQ size. And for all my español-speaking amigos out there, Alcance para las estrellas, no esté asustado a la cacerola que fríe mucho mucho fríe! (TRANSLATION: Reach for the stars! And don't be afraid to frying pan! Much, much frying pan!) Amd I will leave you with this: Life is a lot like Frito pie. Better when shared with friends, and best with twice the cheese.
It was a bitch to copy down the Spanish. I hope I got it right.

Bobby Hill

Football and propane are what make America tick. Oh, really, my dad won't be reading this? Then, I dance with troll dolls and I love it! Athletic ability goes away, but funny is forever! And life is like a chocolate sundae. It is covered in chocalate sauce and has whipped cream on it and sometimes crushed peanuts. One time it had pineapple sauce on it, which was gross, but that's life!

Dale Gribble

We're not going to part ways so easily, my friends. You've not seen the last of me. Not that you ever saw me. I've said too much. You might be interested to know that I've had my features surgically altered so I can move among you freely, without detection. Remember that guy at the watercooler last week who spoke so eloquently about how Family Guy has been running out of steam lately? Well, I was the person standing next to him. Sh-shah!

Bill Dauterive

Oh, God... another relationship coming to an end? If you ever decide to take me back, my answer is always yes. Please, I'll do anything you want! I'm going to start a blog, and tweeting on the Twitter, and everything! Oh, and you can friend me on Facebook, too, if they ever lift the injuction and let me back on the site. But really, I'm excited to be moving on to a new phase in my life... Not really! Please let me stay! Please!

Luanne Platter

I can't believe y'all are interested in all my wisdom! First of all, I have learned that falling in love is easy, but falling in the shower can be deadly. Love your family. I love all my family, and most especially the people in my family that didn't try to stab other people in my family. Oh, and never leave your cell phone next to your curling iron. Trust me. I learned that the hard way.

Boomhauer

So, I guess this is dang ol' it, man. It's been one crazy ol' ride, I tell ya whut... kinda like two dang ol' talkin' 'bout two roads diverged in a little ol' wood, road less traveled by, you know. Talkin' 'bout... [Sniffles] I tell ya whut, man, how 'bout you go talk to Hank for a minute, dang ol' got something caught in my eye.

There done. btw anyone else really wanna see Extract?

Dale Gribble
We're not going to part ways so easily, my friends. You've not seen the last of me. Not that you ever saw me. I've said too much. You might be interested to know that I've had my features surgically altered so I can move among you freely, without detection. Remember that guy at the watercooler last week who spoke so eloquently about how Family Guy has been running out of steam lately? Well, I was the person standing next to him. Sh-shah!

Bill Dauterive

Oh, God... another relationship coming to an end? If you ever decide to take me back, my answer is always yes. Please, I'll do anything you want! I'm going to start a blog, and tweeting on the Twitter, and everything! Oh, and you can friend me on Facebook, too, if they ever lift the injuction and let me back on the site. But really, I'm excited to be moving on to a new phase in my life... Not really! Please let me stay! Please!

Luanne Platter

I can't believe y'all are interested in all my wisdom! First of all, I have learned that falling in love is easy, but falling in the shower can be deadly. Love your family. I love all my family, and most especially the people in my family that didn't try to stab other people in my family. Oh, and never leave your cell phone next to your curling iron. Trust me. I learned that the hard way.

Boomhauer

So, I guess this is dang ol' it, man. It's been one crazy ol' ride, I tell ya whut... kinda like two dang ol' talkin' 'bout two roads diverged in a little ol' wood, road less traveled by, you know. Talkin' 'bout... [Sniffles] I tell ya whut, man, how 'bout you go talk to Hank for a minute, dang ol' got something caught in my eye.

There done. btw anyone else really wanna see Extract?

my dad

Play Brutal Legend as it will only have been out 1 day? Oh, well Leroy disagrees, but I know what I'll be doing.

Wait nevermind, September. I may watch.

...is watch the King of the Hill Series Finale. I am very sad to see this show go. I know I'm not alone there.

Wow. You are so right. I love it more than Simpsons and Family Guy combined.

I know that's incendiary, but the characterisation is there. I don't care about the others in the same way, you know?

I don't know. You get Simpsons overkill, with it being on so much. We get King of the Hill regularly, too, though, but it's not shoved down your throat. It still feels like something you've hunted out, and it endears itself to you more that way. The fact it's been on the fringe. Also the fact it's more poignant and intelligent than people would give Mike Judge for after saying Beavis and Butthead to them. Plus all my family like it, so... And I sometimes like country.

Beavis and Butt-head was very smart though. The only dumb characters were Beavis and Butt-head. All the other characters react to their stupidity. I know what you mean though Postcard. Mike Judge is a genius, and I really want to see Extract

So who actually here watches King of the Hill besides Ticket and I? I know crash watches it. Anyone else?

The first 3-4 seasons were awesome, but then it got terrible.

Kind of happened with Simpons, but that didn't get bad until the late 90's (more than a few seasons)

Sign in to follow this