Hello. I bought dirt remastered some time ago because I wanted to relive this classic I played when I was a kid. I also wanted to take the opportunity to introduce my son into de world of graphical adventure games. But alas, our native language (that is Spanish) is not available for the voice acting part. My son seemed to be enjoying the game until my simultaneous translation killed the fun and the interest.

When I saw you were releasing Full Throttle, which was one of  my favourites, first thing I did was check the voice languages available. Although it was nice to see you widened the range to include French and Italian, I was disappointed to discover that, once agaim, you failed to include the third most spoken language in the world. The first being Chinese Mandarin and the second, English. I love Italian, but it doesn't even make it into the too ten list.

Today Steam offered me a discount on Full Throttle, but I don't think I'm going to buy it until Spanish voice acting is added or my son gets better at English. And he's barely starting.

Congratulations, anyway, and thanks for revitalizing this classics.

This isn't an official statement, but in my understanding, the remaster should have the same localization options as the original game, which unfortunately didn't include Spanish voice acting. I don't think any of the LucasArts remasters up until now have been released with additional voice acting, and it stands to reason that it might be because of technical difficulties, limited budgets, or, most likely, a combination of both factors.

I don't think Double Fine is purposefully ignoring messages, but keep in mind that your first messages are only a couple of days old, and Double Fine is a relatively small company with only one community manager, who is responsible for organizing everything from public relations and press requests to events and community interactions (and probably a bunch more).

Well it seems I took for granted a couple of things, from the amount of personal dedicated to customer support to the opportunity to improve over the originals in the language availability aspect.

But I understand the budget reasons behind this.

Nevertheless, I will take the opportunity to express my wish for this and other remastered versions to incorporate Spanish voices in the future.

Thank you for taking time to answer.

Cheers

Hey dr_frolic,

The original voice recordings for DotT were only done in English and German. For Full Throttle, the original voice recordings were only for English, French, Italian and German. Other languages were supported through enabling the subtitles which you can do in the Remastered versions through the settings menu. Sorry if this has caused any inconvenience.

Edited by productive