It's inspired by Alice In Wonderland, Locke & Key, and The Chronicles of Narnia.

While I love reading those sorts of books (my favorite series in that genre is Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins), I don't think I could write one. I don't really have the knack for making preteens interesting, I guess.

Both of the science fiction stories I'm working on are essentially portal movies, but one leads back in time and only goes one way, and the other leads to another reality hidden within an arcade cabinet.Β This story stems from my desire to write something a kid could go see, as opposed to my usual R rated fare. It's a test.

I always thought that kids adventure movies work better when the actual threat of death is there. I've noticed a lot of family oriented movies nowadays aren't willing to have that edge. Which is why I love the hell out of Stranger Things and IT. So what I'd be bringing to this is the kids are in genuine danger.

By the way, you guys really need to check out Locke & Key. Excellent series.

Edited by Noname215

As far as portal fantasies go, it's closer to Alice In Wonderland than Chronicles Of Narnia, in that everything comes from Alice whether she knows it or not. I was also thinking of The Spiderwick Chronicles and stuff by Roald Dahl. When I was a kid I liked my kid literature to be a bit sinister.

You should really try Gregor The Overlander. It's a hard series to describe, but very funny and occasionally brutal. Also has the best sarcastic six foot tall rat that there ever was.

These are a couple of doodles I made when coming up with creature designs for the inhabitants of the world insideΒ the mirror. Chances are they will not make it into the final cut since I made the decision that I want to make it either hard PG or light PG-13

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3379.PNG

Screw it, I can't get it out of my head.

I'm officially pushing other stuff to the back burner andΒ going ahead with this children's dark fantasy horror adventure when I'm done with The Troop.

When you guys write prose have you ever done that thing where you use a quote before the rest of the chapterΒ 

I usually find myself quoting songs or scripture.

What do you guys think about body horror

I've got so many ideas in my head, and because of my ADD I rarely complete things since I'm constantly moving on to something else. So, I'm hopefully going to work with my ADD for a change so that I can work at a steady clip enough to hopefully get multiple things done.

I decided to do one thing a day, starting yesterday. That way if I work at one thing a day, even when I go back and forth between ideas, I should be able to complete at least most of them by the end of the year.

My first is a new chapter of the science fiction novel that I've been working on since 2016: Fluidity in Space. This is the seventh chapter, and I'm planning on thirty chapters (they're each short - between 1,000 and 2,000 words each).