Tiny Dust!

The Double Fine Group Of Doubly Fine Writings

Well, I already did part of a Hulk adaptation screenplay based on my favorite bits of the Peter David era.

Of course, then the MCU changed to the point where it makes no sense.

If your stories were to be rated by the MPAA, what do you think they would tend to get?

I usually write stuff that would either be pretty PG-13 or hard R, mostly depending on varying subject material and the level of written violence. Eye of the Orient is definitely PG-13, but stuff like The Troop or The Eight Laws would be absolutely be an R.

Edited by Noname215

I think I'd probably end up in PG-13 territory. Most of the time, if something I write ends up R, it's because my characters curse a lot.

I think the majority of my stuff can easily slot into PG - PG-13 territory.

I have a few R's in there, and they'd be hard R's what with the sex and violence in them.

I only write a certain level of violence depending on what the plot would call for or my own ideal stylizations. Like a big gunblazing shootout or a bloody sword fight. But unless I'm deliberately aiming for an R rated story then I am capable of writing violence more like what you would see in a Spielbergian summer movie than my usual Peckinpah/Tarantino/Edgar Wright style.

9 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

I've always kind of expected you to announce you were going to write a lesbian western for some reason.

Do I have one of those?

giphy.gif

That does sound like something I would write. I think I've gotten pretty close.

Hell I got a project called Blue Bullet Bingo that takes place 10,000 years into the future on a terraformed Mars and it's got a real Space Cowboy vibe mixed with some biopunk and Coen Brothers, and it has a lesbian trinity.

But a traditional Western, with lesbians. I don't think I've done that.

One time I described the plot of The Human Centipede to a friend and he told me it sounded like something I would write, given how many of the spec scripts I came up with in high school were insanely violent action movies or horror movies with an over the top pastiche. 

Should I have been offended?

2 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

One time I described the plot of The Human Centipede to a friend and he told me it sounded like something I would write, given how many of the spec scripts I came up with in high school were insanely violent action movies or horror movies with an over the top pastiche. 

Should I have been offended?

Never seen Human Centipede. If you weren't offended than, no?

This same guy also said Pink Flamingos sounded like a movie I would come up with. I must have come across as some kind of evil sick bastard.

1 minute ago, Noname215 said:

This same guy also said Pink Flamingos sounded like a movie I would come up with. I must have come across as some kind of evil sick bastard.

LOL

Okay if someone told me that Pink Flamingos sounded like something I would write, I would definitely be offended.

Edited by Tiny Dust!

I think it had something to do with a script I wrote in my junior year of college.

Escape From 4chan

Edited by Noname215

10 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

I think it had something to do with a script I wrote in my junior year of college.

Escape From 4chan

You do have a definite passion for writing edgy stuff.

It wasn't edgy. It was tasteless, something me and three other guys did where I write ten pages, then he writes ten pages, and then she writes ten pages, and so on. All while passing around a bottle of Captain Morgan. The end result was an abomination.

And I wouldn't say I deliberately try to be edgy. I don't see myself as really pushing the envelope with most of the stuff I come up with.

Edited by Noname215

21 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

It wasn't edgy. It was tasteless, something me and three other guys did where I write ten pages, then he writes ten pages, and then she writes ten pages, and so on. All while passing around a bottle of Captain Morgan. The end result was an abomination.

And I wouldn't say I deliberately try to be edgy. I don't see myself as really pushing the envelope with most of the stuff I come up with.

Wasn't meant as an insult.

I've just noticed the vast majority of what you've shared on here is more on the darker or grimer side of things.

@Tiny Dust! I didn't take it as an insult. And most of the lighter stuff I've worked on hasn't gotten to the point where I want to share anything, with the exception of that piece of the story treatment for Eye of the Orient. 

For example, I do wanna write a comedy horror movie about former child actors ten years after the cancellation of a hit show they were on and at a sinister anniversary party they are all brought back together to stop a force of hellish evil. I've written a bit of a blurb along with some character stuff:

Spook Central was an American pre-teen television show that ran from 1979 to 1985 which revolved around four children living in a small New England town legendary for being a hotspot of paranormal events. These children would solve mysteries and bust ghosts throughout a four season run and was cancelled without a proper finale, leaving a cliffhanger unresolved. Many television creators ranging from the suits behind shows such as Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Goosebumps and Eerie Indiana all took inspiration in some way shape or form from the eight seasons of Spook Central. Even the makers of films like The Monster Squad and Hocus Pocus acknowledged their admiration for the show. It spawned comic books, chapter books, lunch boxes, clothing, choose-your-own-adventure books, breakfast cereals, a SNES video game, a very brief eight episode animated version in 1990 called Extreme Spook Central, a live musical tour called Out Of The Central, and even a theatrical film between seasons 2 and 3. The child actors involved all went their separate ways after the show ended, each going to different levels of fame.

The characters were:

Casey - played by Sean Matthews. Casey was the brains of the outfit, using his encyclopedic knowledge of trivial things to solve many mysteries. He believes in using rational deductions to solve their many cases, but more often than not was proved to be wrong regarding ghosts and monsters, always figuring on a more scientific explanation. Sean Matthews ended up becoming a big teen star in the late 1980s in the same vein as Rob Lowe, Corey Feldman and Anthony Michael Hall. He won an Academy Award in 1991 for his role in the supernatural drama Such A Lovely Place. Sean now just loves a good drink and is among one of Hollywood’s busiest partiers. 

Andy - played by Louis Hickox. Andy was the muscle, a meathead always looking for a fight but with a heart of gold and ready to take the undead adversary head on. Andy was always the prankster, often using cheap tactics to scare his friends. He’s been banned from the Kingscroft Mall for beating up the mall Santa Claus, which in one episode led to him being kidnapped by the Krampus. Louis Hickox was in real life a complete nerd with a love of comic books, video games and horror movies. His career never really went anywhere past the show, but it doesn’t really matter to him because he’s made a living off of guest appearances and conventions. He loves his fans and he loved working on the show, but part of him is still trapped in his youth.

Max - played by Frank Dorsey. Max was the cowardly fat kid and the only black actor among the main characters of the show. Really just a way for the writers to mix two token 80s movie tropes together. When he wasn’t getting in trouble for finding new ways to steal food and embarrass himself, he often found himself stumbling upon a mystery for the gang to solve. He was also constantly trying to convince people that he was actually a rapper named Blitzy Mac. Frank lost seventy five pounds after the conclusion of the show, and despite having still played various roles in various productions, he never was able to escape his history as the fat kid from Spook Central. It was because of this that he grew cold towards Sean, whose career soared to heights his never could.

Melissa - played by Angelica Hart. She was the girl. Really, that was all her character was, was the girl. The creators of the show just needed to please a certain demographic since they found out mostly boys were watching the show. She loved makeup, long phone calls, bubblegum pop music, and the singer of Love Bust, Ricky Danger. She hated bugs, mud, dirt, broken nails, fart jokes and mysteries. Angelica could have ended up being a Molly Ringwald style teen star. Instead she got married and pregnant with triplets at 16, busted in Las Vegas for smuggling heroin through an airport, and currently resides in a Texas suburb.

I mean it may not be as heavy in details like in the character sheets from @Alcoremortis, but I think I might have something here.

Edited by Noname215

Also, I'm gonna recommend another comic: Misfit City. Four girls living in a small town where a 80s cult kids' adventure movie was filmed discover a treasure map and go a Goonies style hunt.

IMG_2905.JPG

I like all your characters, I'm just still not clear what this is about?

A former child star from what sounds like live-action Scooby Doo is forced to deal with actual supernatural forces which reunites him with his former castmates?

I really don't have a lot to go on, there's a familiarity to it that I can't quite nail down.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you execute on it.

Well regarding the familiarity, I definitely had old 80s kid adventure movies (The Goonies, The Monster Squad, The Lost Boys) and certain meddling kids in the back of my head, as well as IT and Stranger Things. But rather than just do a carbon copy of the 80s token troop, I imagined going with actors as characters instead.

Again, it was just something I jotted down, not sure if I'll execute it or not. But in the off chance that I do, nice to know it doesn't initially sound like crap.

Edited by Noname215