Sign in to follow this  
Gav391

I want your opinions on video games. For science!

Hey all,

I've made a survey that tells you what type of gamer personality you are. Are you an Immersion Engineer, or an Escape Artist? Do you battle with real people or seclude to the shadows in a world of your own making?

The reason why I made it is to gather research on people's gaming behaviours. Now as a gamer myself (WoW Heroic Tomb of Sargaras Raider), I feel like I have a good grasp of the gaming community, but as with all things, you need to do the research before making assumptions.

The survey itself is looking to explore information about:

• Different aspects of your personality

• What video games you play

• How much you play by yourself and with other people

• The impacts of your video game use on your daily life

You can find a link to the survey and more information here (you might need to disable adblocker):

https://sydneypsy.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9WtE0LKWzw4yvBz

So let me know what you think. Do you think I guessed right? What did I miss?

One more thing. A survey like this is limited, and doesn't give people a voice to add what they want to say. I really encourage open opinions about the video game community and maybe how the news and public have a negative view of video games. Whenever I present, I add the personal messages people have sent me to encourage other researchers to remember that we are people too, not just numbers. Tell me what you think and let me know if I can share your comments in my presentations.

Thank you,

Gavin

Post accepted by Feddlefew6fssZFm.png

It summed me up perfectly.  I prefer story games, and don't like playing online with people unless it's cooperative (I play Splatoon 2's online because it's team-based, and I've played Rock Band online in the past since you all play together on a song).

image.png.299305b6ff53eabbaefffd017ed71883.png

And, yes, I do enjoy different game types (and trying new things in real-life).  My favorite genres are Adventure games, Platformers, Racing games, RPGs, and action-adventures.  I sometimes play fighting games too (I've played new Killer Instinct quite a bit).

image.png.063ef702f554202524156b13ea981016.png

HNJeKEz.png

First one is quite spot on. the second is only true if 100% really is 100% and getting everything done, and not just beating the game. 

I do tend to cycle through a varied selection of games, but I tend to beat all games I bought with the intention to play. I do however not a manic need to beat every single game I happen to have access to. And I tend to to think most achievements/trophies for game is lazy bullshit. 

I finally did this. 

I closed the page, so no picture.  My second one was Escape Artist and I agree with that.  The first one was Social Gamer..which is really really not what I'm into.  I've been playing a ton of ESO, so I get where that comes from, but yeah.  No.  I hate relying on people in games.  Hate it.  I work with people all day, gaming is my escape from that.