Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sloth1991

what would you do if

Just be there for her, and respect her space to grieve if she needs it. If she is more in the need of comfort, buy her and her family flowers to show that you care.

Provide a shoulder to rest on. Compassion is the best thing you can provide. That sucks man. Death in families is never easy.

Console her then fuck her. That'll take her mind off it.

Wow, you are the master of subtlety, as always.

^This thread is srs business, and has no room for your tomfoolery. Info Cow is probably not pleased.

I'd suggest you just be there for her when she needs, Tell her you care, and if you want to ask her to marry you, now is the time.

Console her then fuck her. That'll take her mind off it.

Wow, you are the master of subtlety, as always.

The"E" word?

Agh. My bf basically was raised by his grandmother, so we'd both feel bad 'cuz she's a neat lady. @_@

All I could basically do is be there and try to make anything easier on him.

She dumped you, yes, but try to be sympathetic. It's probably too personal to attend her funeral, but console your ex and offer to send flowers over.

this isnt a joke for that dude that asked. and who was dumped??? well she put up a fake personality shield and now when i talk to her i feel like she isnt the girl i love its getting harder each day talking to her.

im trying to talk to her as much as possible but it feels like we are just being torn apart like theres no connection left

Ohhh. In that case, joust courteously say a casual goodbye ... and never bring it up again. Perhaps you shouldn't bother. Maybe she needs to go through her grief alone.

thats what thought only when i try to part with her she becomes so sad and i know she dosent want to lose me but its like...agh im just confused

Obviously, she is confused also. Let her make the first move; if she needs you, she will come to you. If you asks why you didn't come to her, be frank and tell her you aren't sure how to act. Tell her you felt as if she wanted her own time and space to grieve.

No, I never considered that this could be a joke. Moreso the fact that I can't tell whether Ave was being sarcastic about the whole marriage thing. But yeah man, that's harsh. Life really sucks sometimes, but...if you actually love her, then sure as hell don't give up and try to fix whatever's wrong....although I don't really understand how something like that could "tear you apart", if anything I'd think it would bring you closer together because you'd be comforting her in such hard times. But what the hell do I know? But seriously, don't let her get away if you think she's the one, or you'll probably be regretting it for a long time.

Ok let me rephrase that. I do get the whole "personality shield" thing, but what you need to do is convince her that she doesn't need to act that way around you, I mean, you are her boyfriend. Tell her that she can open up to you and that she can tell you whatever's on her mind, that you can help her through this. If you're genuinely compassionate and understanding, people usually will open up to you...

Hm. Sounds like she just needs time to grieve, to me. She already knows that you are available to talk to, so she'll come to you if she needs that option. For time being, just let her be so she can sort things out. It might not seem like you are nagging just by being there, but it could feel that way to her if she doesn't want/need your shoulders to cry on. Respect the space and then be there when she acts like it is ok (time cue: when she is without the personality shield).

Sign in to follow this