Sign in to follow this  
Giorgos

Psychonauts Missing from the Greek XBOX Marketplace

Psychonauts is missing from the Greek Marketplace. When will it become available? Or will it not? Thanks

I wasn't able to actually find it on the Xbox, but if you go to the marketplace website you can purchase it there, and it will then show up on your Xbox as ready to download. I thought to do this because I had to do the same thing with Portal for some reason.

I can find it on the US website, but when I try to purchase it comes up with a message "Sorry, this offer is not available for your region". In the GR website, I can't find it, the search comes up empty. When I asked support, they said to contact developer/publisher, as this game is not available in my region. That's why I am asking wether they plan to release it or not :)

Yeah there is some issue with the game, it's not available in Europe to buy digitally.

Prince of Persia SoT also has a license problem, you can only buy it from Xbox 360 marketplace website but it is available unlike Psychonauts which seems North America only.

The problem is although Microsoft now has an impressive emulator for the original Xbox & Xbox 360, the X360 marketplace is still separate from the Xbox One marketplace, they aren't actually integrated, when you buy an Xbox OG or Xbox 360 game it's actually opening up a web browser window of sorts to the X360 marketplace, it's not as seamless as the native UI when buying X1 games. That begs the question then why cant you buy it, well licensing issues to sort out which means lawyers and contracts.

I can't purchase it in the UK either. I can see the page on the console but when I go to "See Prices" there is no price or way to buy it.

Looking online at an old forum post looks like it was removed from the marketplace and added back for US only. Anyone know if this is still the case and if there are plans to release it in Europe?

Hello! No, this has not been resolved and in fact, it does not affect only Greece but any European, Xbox Live supported marketplace. The europeans do not have access to your game right now. I am sure, many of us would like to buy and play this game but we can't. Would you please do something for it? I am here to help in any way that I can from my end. Sorry for the late reply.

On ‎13‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 12:48 AM, Spaff said:

Did this ever get resolved? 

As a German fan for Psychonauts, I'm also hoping that the game will ever be available again outside the US...