Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Awkward Turtle

The little things about Double Fine

This is a thread for the little things about Double Fine Productions that make you happy.

For instance, when I received my copy of the Psychonauts soundtracks, (about a week before the iTunes version came out... >_> ) the receipt thingy that came with it had "Thanks! c:" hand-written on it with sharpie. I have no idea why, but I just found that to be an awesome touch that proves that Double Fine actually cares about its fans.

What about you guys?

Uh... Well, when I got a Brutal Legend poster signed at comic con, Tim took the time to talk everyone in line and write sort-of personalized posters, which was very cool.

What about the Awards Ceremony minigame? How many creative geniuses are so grounded that they will let their own staff lampoon them for the fun of the fans? Tim is special, and the people he's gathered around himself are special. Not Olympically special, mind you. But, he does need to practice his Rubik's Cube. Everyone around me at work is on a cube mania. It makes me nervous.

This is a thread for the little things about Double Fine Productions that make you happy.

For instance, when I received my copy of the Psychonauts soundtracks, (about a week before the iTunes version came out... >_> ) the receipt thingy that came with it had "Thanks! c:" hand-written on it with sharpie. I have no idea why, but I just found that to be an awesome touch that proves that Double Fine actually cares about its fans.

What about you guys?

Hah! I thought the same! And although it's been a few years since I ordered my soundtrack, for some reason I

still remember the smile that little note brought to my face. And to top it off, it was silver ink. How awesome is that?

WE LOVE YOU & YOUR HAND-WRITTEN SHARPIE NOTES, DOUBLEFINE <3

Foe me it's the Guide to Decency. They could have easily made a boring list of rules that everyone probably would have skipped past, but instead they made one of the most entertaining things I have ever read.

double fine ain't never done nothing for me and i ain't ever done nothing for double fine

Oh, stop being so No Country For Old Men. Contrariness ain't hip. Black is the new black. Be cool.

As for DF, more to say. The games are more real. Yes, others have snazzier graphics and sound. Others use a physics engine. But Psychonauts has soul. They're like real people. I've watched other games being played, and it never strikes me as anything more than a game. Whispering Rock is a real place, with real people. Brutal Legend looks to be the same way. Gall dang it, I'd love to sneak in and see what they're working on next. And no doubt they are. Working on something else. Right now.

Sign in to follow this