xorformore

Question about Sam and Max *Remastered*

My question is about Sam & Max legal licensing of the game - the original Hit the Road 1993 licensing.

I know this is currently Telltales game - makes of episode 1, 2 and 3 - but I also know that Double Fine is known for making (still) classic point'n'click adventure games as 'remastered', and if anyone can, it's Double Fine. They still have a cordual relationship with Lucasfilm (or Disney) I assume, and know the original staff.

As with Full Throttle etc, will Sam and Max (Hit The Road, the original) be remastered, or are they in development hell with multiple conflicting licenses?

Are the recordings (of Bill and Nick) - which were 11k/16bit, very staticy and not being remade or edited - not due anytime soon? Would they be cleaned up or redone?

If anyone could get Steve Purcell, Sean Clark, Michael Stemmle, Tim Shafer, or any of the other LucasArts alumni to comment on this? I don't have their email address, funnily enough :P 

I know this is a huge request - but I think about 40,000 fans would like to know if this game could *ever* be remastered? People who played computers durng the adventure gaming golden age still exist, and I would be happy to pay $50 for it.

Please, please, please :( 
Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Sam & Max does not belong to Telltale. They got a license from Steve Purcell (the creator of Sam & Max) to make those 3 seasons. They do not own Sam & Max, though. I wouldn't imagine DoubleFine making a Hit The Road remaster would be any more of an issue than Grim, DOTT, and Throttle were, but thus far DF has only done remasters of LA games that Tim was a project lead on. He didn't have a hand in Sam & Max. For that matter, The Dig is another one that could possibly do with a facelift. Or Loom. It's just a matter of if they want to or not. Would be neat.

However, they'll have to put a bit more work into the art this time than they did with Full Throttle Remastered. That was really disappointing. The animations and sprites were fantastic, of course, but the backgrounds were basically upscaled renditions of the originals with slight cosmetic tweaks here and there. I don't want the same thing to happen to Hit The Road or any other LA games.