• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
babouli

Survival/Solo superstressful round

I wanted to share with you, the community here, what happened to me last night.

I was on a Hospital survival run, solo. After a few unsuccessful attempts, I was finally doing good and reaching the last tier of the 100 waves.

Health bar was @ around 75%.

Wave 98 was about to end and... I got my trench feet stuck between two rocks... Seriously.

Happened when you look at hospital's front, towards left side of map. There's a road coming up and left of this, some kind of pathway that runs above the road.

Coming down of this level, I got stuck at the bottom.

Wave 98 ends.

At this point I have literally paved the map with turrets.

They are also up to 3rd level (probably 99% of them).

I was having a real difficult time since a few waves to find a single spot where to lay anything.

Wave 99 starts.

Me >> panic mode, as you can imagine.

The wave is ended by the turrets with no additional damage.

Wave 100 begins.

Panic mode has evolved into some kind of bi-polar disorder with drooling and spasms involved.

Then I see from the other side of the map slowly come the tag of Tommies (the ones with the tail up in the air that send a little blue attack).

Health bar starts to go down.

Down.

Down.

I even put the controller on the table and walk away.

Then I hear the last screech of the last tube and damage bar stops going down at around 50%.

Turrets had done it.

:)