Double Fine Action Forums
xMikeyx1026

Please bring this to Xbox one and Ps4

Would really love to see this one get the back compat treatment on Xbox One, but I wouldn't be surprised if music licensing is holding that back. Well, I guess I can dream. And play on Steam.

Would DF have to relicense the soundtrack in order to release new console ports of the game?

I was disappointed to find Brütal Legend wasn't backwards compatible; I ended up buying a copy for my girlfriend, and she hasn't been able to play it yet because her 360 is buried in storage.

10 hours ago, nmalinoski said:

Would DF have to relicense the soundtrack in order to release new console ports of the game?

I was disappointed to find Brütal Legend wasn't backwards compatible; I ended up buying a copy for my girlfriend, and she hasn't been able to play it yet because her 360 is buried in storage.

Yes. Double Fine would have to relicense the soundtrack for A Brutal Legend definitive edition to come into existence, especially if you are the publisher of a game.

Chances are higher for Xbox One users to get Backwards Compatible Brutal Legend, because in that case Microsoft is the one that does the licensing to resell the game.

23 hours ago, XShadowOfMetalX said:

Yes. Double Fine would have to relicense the soundtrack for A Brutal Legend definitive edition to come into existence, especially if you are the publisher of a game.

Chances are higher for Xbox One users to get Backwards Compatible Brutal Legend, because in that case Microsoft is the one that does the licensing to resell the game.

My question was regarding making the existing 360 version of Brütal Legend for use with the backwards compatibility on Xbox One, not a theoretical definitive edition.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, nmalinoski said:

My question was regarding making the existing 360 version of Brütal Legend for use with the backwards compatibility on Xbox One, not a theoretical definitive edition.

I see. But regardless, re-licensing is still gonna be required to get the 360 version of Brutal Legend on the Xbox One. 

The day has finally come, you have pleased the Metal Gods! Brutal Legend is now backwards compatible on the Xbox one 🤘🤘