Double Fine Action Forums
jon1138

Forgot password of Double Fine website account : how to redefine the password ?

Hi everyone !

I forgot my password of the DF website and I don't see any option to reset it. How to proceed ?

thanks in advance for your answers.

You can use this page to get a password recovery link sent to the email you used to register your account:

https://forums.doublefine.com/lostpassword/

Note that you will probably need to log in again on devices where you are currently logged in.

EDIT: I think I misread your question: Do you mean the main page with the action blog? I don't know if that's possible, actually. It still uses the old content and forum software, as far as I know, and since comments on the blog were disabled due to spam, I think its only functionality would be to like blog posts. The shop is handled through Fangamer, the support uses an email form and the forums are on new and modern software, so I don't know if there's much use in logging in there anymore.

Yes, I mean the main page. I need to change my mail address but without my password, it'll be complicated.

9 hours ago, jon1138 said:

Yes, I mean the main page. I need to change my mail address but without my password, it'll be complicated.

As flesk said, the only thing you can do on the site pages with an existing account, outside of the forum, is like blog posts.

This is because the main site pages still use the ExpressionEngine suite, which was the old server software that ran the forum and the website until 2016.

The forum now runs on the Invision suite, but the website pages have not yet been converted yet.

Because of that, there's not much interactivity on the outside of the forums at the moment. The comments have been disabled, mainly because having two comment systems would be too unwieldy to maintain properly.

Once the website pages are adapted to run on the Invision suite, I'd imagine the ability to post new comments in response to blog posts and comics will return.

If you still would like to login to the main site to like blog posts, you can click on "forgot your password?" at this link. Doing so should enable you to change your password.