Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saoirse

What games should I get for my new 360?

For the past few months, my boyfriend has gazed longingly into the window of Blockbuster every time we pass it by on the way home from work together. "Shall I get one?" he asks pleadingly, clearly hoping that I'll be a typical lady-girlfriend and talk him out of impulse-buying it.

"Yes, definitely" I reply, because it's his savings and not mine that will be used, and I want a 360 too.

Depite this, he never bought one. That is, until today, when we found out that we don't need to put a deposit down on our mortgage or something like that, probably. So now our savings can be blown on new carpets, new consoles and a huge HD TV. Hurrah! I love carpets and consoles and TVs!

So, what games do you all recommend for my - I mean, our - shiny new 360?

I liked Earth Defense Force 2017. It's like a bad cheesy sci-fi movie. Blow up giant spiders, and ants. I hate spiders, so blowing them up was great fun top me. But it And it's one of those games where it gets even better when you have someone playing with you. No-online stuff though. Only local. But it's still a blast.. that's the only 360 game I've bought so far. It's cheap now too. Of course in a few weeks Halo 3 comes out. So maybe it would be worht it just to wait for that?

Halo 3, Gears Of War, Too Human, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Orange Box (if you don't already own Half-Life 2), Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Prey, Timeshift, Call of Duty 4...?

Bioshock, Bioshock and Bioshock.

Yes I agree! Although I have not actually played the game, thats the first game I will buy once I get my hands on that console. The Big Daddy and Little Sister relationship looks awesome, and the big daddys just look cool!

And naming a city Rapture is just excellent.

On the subject of Bioshock, if you have a good computer, get it for PC, it's a far superior version.

Xbox 360 Bioshock: Wimpy wimpy wimpy!

PC Bioshock: HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!

I've already got the PC version, and my boyfriend has an awesome billion-inch apple widescreen monitor for extra WIN value!

You should go into hibernation and not awaken until Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out. But that's just me and I don't even have a 360, so what the hell do I know? NOTHING.

Seriously though, Viva Pinata is an excellent game. If you can find it for 30 bucks or so, then it's definitely worth the purchase!

BioShock

FEAR

Dead Rising

Resident Evil 5

Silent Hill 5

Notice a patern? (Not counting the fact that all these are M games, but for the most part, most Xbox titles are M games.)

When in doubt, rent.

These games seem to be pretty fun:

Crackdown

Gears of War

Lego Star Wars II (or wait for the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga)

Splinter Cell Double Agent (even though I like the original Xbox version better)

Rainbox Six: Vegas

Tomb Raider: Legend

DOA4

Kameo

Bioshock

Dead Rising

Lost Planet

Condemned

The Darkness

Eternal Sonata

XBLA:

Uno

Geometry Wars

Bomberman

Streets of Rage 2

TMNT

Coming Soon:

Halo 3

Half-Life 2: Orange Box (includes Half-Life 2, episodes 1 & 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2)

Mass Effect

Assassin's Creed

Burnout Paradise

The Simpsons

Virtua Fighter 5

.. and MANY MORE!!

Good luck on making your choices.

I must buy an Xbox 360 so I can play Grand Theft Auto IV and have my face explode from an overload of gaming awesomeness.

Okay, it arrived! I'm so excited!

We got this game for free with it... Blue Dragon. At first I didn't care because it looked kind of lame, but then I saw "Hironobu Sakaguchi" and "Nobuo Uematsu" and I cried a little bit because of excitement. Then I played it for a bit and I was sad because the character designs look all Dragonbally, and I hate Akira Toriyama because his character designs are so ugly that they make me cry. So I cried a little bit because of how ugly the characters and animation are. But then I played it a bit more and it's kind of cute... it's almost like a parody of japanese RPGs. You know, all the ladies are running away from a giant shark and they start squealing in ecstasy, apparently... and someone leaps out of the bushes to avenge the death of their mother and father about 30 seconds into the gameplay... that kind of thing. I'm currently only about 60 seconds into the gameplay, but already it's contained just about every cliché...

Has anybody here played it much? Is it good? Is it worth continuing?

We got this game for free with it... Blue Dragon. At first I didn't care because it looked kind of lame, but then I saw "Hironobu Sakaguchi" and "Nobuo Uematsu" and I cried a little bit because of excitement. Then I played it for a bit and I was sad because the character designs look all Dragonbally, and I hate Akira Toriyama because his character designs are so ugly that they make me cry. So I cried a little bit because of how ugly the characters and animation are. But then I played it a bit more and it's kind of cute... it's almost like a parody of japanese RPGs. You know, all the ladies are running away from a giant shark and they start squealing in ecstasy, apparently... and someone leaps out of the bushes to avenge the death of their mother and father about 30 seconds into the gameplay... that kind of thing. I'm currently only about 60 seconds into the gameplay, but already it's contained just about every cliché...

I was reading reviews about it, it apparently all really kicks off about and hour or two in, and if you like traditional RPGs then its supposed to be worth playing.

Edit: Oh, and as for games, do get the HL2 Orange Box when it comes out in October. Contains Half Life 2, plus Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. 5 games for the price of one.

I was reading reviews about it, it apparently all really kicks off about and hour or two in, and if you like traditional RPGs then its supposed to be worth playing.

Edit: Oh, and as for games, do get the HL2 Orange Box when it comes out in October. Contains Half Life 2, plus Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. 5 games for the price of one.

Eternal Sonata>>>>>Blue Dragon. Blue Dragon is alright if you like the JRPG's from a decade ago. It is very traditional that's all. Blue Dragon would be a 7/10 for me and Eternal Sonota is a 9/10. You might like the art direction and beauty of Eternal Sonota better as well.

Yeah, I did mention the Orange Box earlier. It is the best value game out there for what it has. I don't see how you could go wrong buying it.

Halo 3, Gears Of War, Too Human, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Orange Box (if you don't already own Half-Life 2), Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Prey, Timeshift, Call of Duty 4...?

Skip COD3 4 looks cool. but listen here Bioshock. halo 3 gears of war too human mass effect and orange box all are/look great But Dead rising is alot of fun but for a small amount of time Play the demo 12 times then wait for dead rising 2. unless you can find Dead rising for under $30

B

I

O

S

H

O

C

K

It's indescribable, god-given, tremendous, wondrous, inspired good. The second I beat it I started up a new game, with the tears of victory still fresh in my eyes.

Oh and F.E.A.R. is great.

Gears of War is pretty damn good. Most would deem it essential, and I can't disagree.

Lego Star Wars II is a little too easy but I own it anyway.

Crackdown is fucking amazing fun until you beat it and then there's nothing to do except kill cops--which hurts your stats.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is incredibly--if you don't need to go to school or meet new people or eat food or sleep human sleep from the time you buy it until you die.

Guitar Hero II is a game that right when you buy it you'll be like "why'd I buy this?" But then give it awhile to sink in. It's like having a good friend to fall back on.

Fifa 2007--if you're into a good sports time--is amazing. I don't own it, rather I own it's counterpart Pro-Evolution, but I know of its supremacy.

Psychonauts, of course. Just be sure to update your X-Box so it has backwards compatibility. (Actually, I'm not positive that Psychonauts is one of the BC-able titles)

Sign in to follow this